I love a fast, easy and healthy meal. Especially when I am watching what I eat. This dish was full of flavor and you don’t have to compromise on taste!
I have been eating clean for 28 days now! That is a HUGE accomplishment for a food blogger. I have had no cheat meals, no treats, nothing. I am on a mission to lose this baby weight. I am so close I can almost taste it. Crossfit plus having a nutritionist is finally getting it done. When you have to weigh into someone and get your fat pinched, it makes you think twice about eating that chocolate! 😉 Yesterday I was able to wear one of my pre-pregnancy shirts. My son said, Mom! You look skinny! That felt so good coming from him. He has been including in his prayers each night that I will have help losing weight. Oh kids. Gotta love them! 🙂
Anyway. Back to this chicken. I love adding delicious meals into the healthy eating rotation. I couldn’t believe how incredible this was. The glaze over the chicken was fantastic! So sticky and the honey lemon ginger all complemented each other perfectly. So full of flavor and SO delicious! I know you will love it too!
Honey Lemon Ginger Chicken
A light and delicious meal that is full of amazing honey lemon ginger flavor that the family will love!
- 3 chicken breasts boneless, (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger freshly grated
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- zest from one lemon
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a medium saucepan, add olive oil, minced garlic, and ginger. Sauté over medium heat for 2-3 minutes and add honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Let simmer and thicken while cooking chicken.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and add to a medium skillet. Cook about 4-5 minutes until no longer pink in center and the outside is starting to brown. Add the sauce to the chicken and toss to coat.