This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
This Lemon Baked Pancake with Berry Sauce is such an easy breakfast for serving a crowd! Perfect for all your holiday brunches.
Hey friends! It’s Ashley here from The Recipe Rebel back with even more lemony deliciousness for you! Can you believe it’s the middle of May already?!?
Spring always has me longing for citrus and berries, which I find a little funny sometimes since citrus is in season in the winter. Just give me lemon all year long and I will be happy!
I wanted to bring you an easy brunch idea for Mother’s Day (or Memorial Day or Father’s Day… or Christmas….. or Easter… or any weekend breakfast or quick weeknight brinner!) that the family can all enjoy together.
We love baked pancakes because there’s no slaving over the stuff while everyone else eats, no flipping, no stress — and everyone gets to eat a hot breakfast! If you’re looking for more options, this Healthier Cinnamon Roll Baked Pancake is another one of our favorites 🙂
You can easily make the berry sauce while the pancake is baking, start the coffee and if you are really going all out, you can whip up some cream to serve alongside it. For us, the whipped cream is a must!
I like to make this pancake in a 9″ round pie plate, but if you’re really serving a crowd you can definitely double the recipe and bake two 9″ pancakes in the same time — no extra fuss or time involved!
If you are looking for a slightly healthier alternative, feel free to use whole wheat flour and serve with fresh berries and yogurt — it will still be a incredibly delicious breakfast that the whole family can enjoy together!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Lemon Baked Pancake with Berry Sauce
- 5 cups bag frozen berries (fresh is fine, too!)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons water divided
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 2 lemons
- To a large pot, add berries, 1/2 cup water, and maple syrup. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, and cook until berries are heated through and sauce is bubbly.
- Stir together 2 tablespoons water and corn starch, and slowly stir into the sauce while cooking to thicken. Remove from the heat and set aside until ready to serve or refrigerate for later.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9" pie plate or round cake pan
- In a large bowl, combine flour, egg, milk, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, lemon juice and zest with a whisk.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 23-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Slice into wedges and serve warm with berry sauce and whipped cream or yogurt as desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.