This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Delicious crumb bars bursting with fresh blueberries and a hint of lemon!
Moving is such a hard thing to do. Me and the hubby have been going non stop for two weeks. Luckily I have been pulling the, “I can’t lift anything” card or I wouldn’t have survived. We have gotten pretty settled into the new place and absolutely love it. And today we celebrated our anniversary. It started in the morning with getting my tire replaced that had a nail in it. Life huh? But then it was so nice to take a break and get a relaxing massage and go out to a nice French Restaurant. It was fun to hear my hubby speak french and tell me stories of his mission in France while we were there. It was great to have a break for a while and enjoy the day with him.
But anyway. Enough about my life. Lets talk about how bomb diggity these bars turned out! This is my favorite recipe for crumb bars. They have such a great shortbread like base to them. But the crumb topping is perfect. It is the perfect crumb consistency and it just melts in your mouth. I decided to add fresh blueberries, and the sweet sour cream takes these bars to a whole different delicious level. These almost didn’t make it to the photoshoot, I was eating them like a starving pregnant woman! They were one of the best treats that I had had!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Lemon Blueberry Sour Cream Crumb Bars
- Preheat oven to 375 and prepare an 8×8 square pan by lining with parchment paper and spraying with cooking spray.
- Make the crust by whisking together in a medium bowl the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the melted butter. The dough will be crumbly but make sure all of the butter is incorporated.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the crust and press the remaining into the bottom of your 8×8 prepared baking pan.
- Combine the fresh blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice in a small bowl until the combined and set aside.
- For the sour cream filling, mix together in a large bowl the sour cream, sugar, 1 Tbsp flour, egg, and vanilla. Pour over the crust in your 8×8 pan.
- Spoon the fresh blueberry mixture evenly over the sour cream.
- Sprinkle your reserved 3/4 cup crust over the top and bake for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely and serve into squares. Store in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.