A buttery lemon parmesan garlic sauce coats orzo pasta and gives it such amazing flavor! It gets tossed with asparagus and makes one delicious meal!
We made our weekly trip today to Costco. They know me by name there. But my boys are already starting to eat like teenagers and it takes a lot of food to keep them fed. Isn’t Costco awesome? You go around lunch time and get samples to eat while you are there. My little girl especially loves the “Gotgo” trips with me.
I love asparagus and love that it is in season right now. You better believe that I buy that in bulk at Costco and can’t get enough of it. I love to add it to recipes when I can and this recipe turned out AMAZING!
I wanted to make a pasta with a buttery lemon parmesan garlic sauce. I knew that orzo would be perfect for this dish. The flavor is INCREDIBLE! Like so good that you can’t stop eating it. I especially love the asparagus that was hidden throughout. It brought the dish together perfectly.
This makes a great side dish or even a meal! You are going to love the flavor of this dish and you will want to make it again and again!
Lemon Parmesan Garlic Orzo with Asparagus
- 3 cups water
- 8 ounces 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 pound asparagus tips cut only (or how you like it to preference)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice depending on taste
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon wedges for garnish optional
- Cook the orzo in a large pot according to package directions. Add the asparagus the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat add the butter. Next add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add lemon juice, and parmesan cheese. Add the orzo and asparagus and toss. Salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
This was simple to prepare and delicious. I also added dill since I was using dill in a sauce on the entrée. Great side with fish. Thank you for sharing this recipes!
So simple and so delicious. We added more lemon and (due to misreading) twice the amount of orzo but it was still tasty and seemed to have enough sauce. Leftovers tomorrow!
I have made this multiple times and It never disappoints. I like pairing it with grilled scallops or shrimp, but It also goes well with grilled chicken. So easy and yet such big flavor!
I love anything with lemon. And pasta. And asparagus. LOL This recipe is just all around terrific and goes really well with seafood or chicken. I have pretty much incorporated into at least one meal every week since I found the recipe. Thank you for sharing it!
Ohhh! This looks really good. I hope asparagus are sold soon again here in the Netherlands, can’t wait to try this gorgeous recipe! Pinned for spring 🙂