Hi everyone, HAPPY HOLIDAYS! It’s Jenn from Deliciously Sprinkled back to share a delicious holiday recipe with you!
These Maple Sugar Cookies are the perfect holiday cookie. Every time I make these cookies I think about the movie Elf, where he puts maple syrup on everything! LOL It’s one of my favorite Christmas movies.
And speaking of favorites, these Maple Sugar Cookies are delicious! These cookies have all the flavors you love from a soft sugar cookie but with a hint of maple syrup. And the maple syrup glaze is to die for, I mean it doesn’t get much better than these cookies.
YUMMY, enjoy! 🙂
More delicious cookie recipes from Deliciously Sprinkled:
Maple Sugar Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup SALTED butter 2 sticks, softened
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar for rolling
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or milk
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer, cream together the butter, and granulated sugar until combined.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla extract and maple syrup.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Using a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, scoop dough into balls about 2 Tablespoons each, roll in sugar and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until tops of cookies start to crack. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack. Let cool completely on wire rack.
Make Maple Icing:
- In a medium bowl, stir together melted butter, heavy cream and maple syrup. Gradually stir in powdered sugar until smooth. Drizzle on top of cooled cookies.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Hi There! I love this cookie recipe. It smells so good while baking and the cookies are delicious. However, mine came out flat. I’d love to be able to make some that look like yours – light, fluffy and chewy! Any suggestions? Did I soften the butter too much? Should I try more baking powder? Thanks for this recipe. I’m hoping I’ll be able to perfect it and add it to my holiday cookie list, for giving gifts 🙂
Jenn, these cookies look so wonderful! Thanks for sharing your recipe, I look forward to trying them! 🙂
These cookies sound delish! I love the pretty glaze on top. It sounds incredible!
How much Maple Syrup is in the icing?