Hey Recipe Critic Readers! It’s Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron with a super easy dessert recipe that won’t heat up your kitchen this summer. That’s right, it’s a no-bake dessert recipe!
Sometimes it gets just way too hot to turn on the oven. However, when that cookie craving strikes, you can just make these instead 🙂
Use whatever chocolate you like best (I LOVE milk chocolate) to coat these little balls of eggless dough. You could even cover them with white chocolate for a fun and different treat.
For melting the chocolate, I used coconut oil with chocolate chips, but pretty much any other oil (think vegetable or canola oil) will do well or even a shortening will work. The important note here is to microwave the chocolate slowly (and stir often) to avoid burning it. You can always melt your chocolate over a double broiler if you are more confident that way!
The cookie dough is eggless, but it does have flour that is uncooked which may bug some people. If that’s you, I’m afraid there is no replacement, but perhaps another recipe you can find online can replace this recipe to go into the chocolate cups.
Enjoy these cookie dough chocolate cups!
Here are some more simple desserts from Chelsea’s Messy Apron:
No-Bake Cookie Dough Chocolate Cups
- 6 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 3 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups white flour
- 3/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil separated
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter (make sure it is at room temperature and not melted or you will need to chill the dough) and brown sugar for 2-3 minutes. Beat in the room temperature (again not melted at all) cream cheese and the white sugar. Beat until well combined.
- Beat in the vanilla, baking soda, salt, and flour until a dough is formed. If it is too wet add in a little more flour until it pulls away from the sides when beating.
- Stir in 3/4 a cup of chocolate chips.
- Roll the cookie dough into small balls and set aside.
- Line a miniature muffin tin with miniature lining cups.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips with 1/4 tsp. coconut oil. (I microwave for 30 seconds, stir for 30 seconds, microwave for 15 seconds, stir, and then its ready!)
- Spoon an even amount of the melted chocolate mixture into the bottom of each of the muffin cups.
- Place the balls (slightly flattened) of cookie dough on top of the melted chocolate mixture.
- In the same bowl melt another 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp, of chocolate and 1/4 tsp. coconut oil.
- Pour an even amount of chocolate over all of the cookie dough balls.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.