I love overnight stuff. Especially on a Saturday morning. You make it the night before and have it ready to throw in the oven in the morning! I have been wanting to try an overnight french toast recipe for a while now. It turned out so yummy! Especially with the cream cheese chunks in it (since I have a little obsession with cream cheese) and the peaches and whip cream on top! I think we might have just found our new Saturday tradition!
Rating: 4 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 3 stars
Things that I changed: They don’t make Texas toast in North Carolina. At least in the 5 stores I went to! I just bought a loaf of french bread and it turned out great!
Things that I would do differently next time: Nothing
Will I make it again? Yes
Recipe from: Chef In Training
Overnight Peaches and Cream French Toast
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup butter cubed
- 2 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1 can peaches 29 oz., drained
- 1 loaf Texas Toast I used French Bread cubed
- 12 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved; pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Arrange peaches in dish. Place half of the bread cubes over peaches. Layer with cream cheese and remaining bread. Place the eggs, cream and vanilla in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Pour over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Makes about 12 servings
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.