I have mentioned before that we love our neighborhood and we love where we live. We had our Christmas Party last night and it was so much fun! We have a lot of older people that live in our neighborhood. Across the street we have a neighbor that is 100 years old! He plays pretty much every instrument and is amazing! He plays the xylophone and brought it to our Christmas party and played Christmas songs on it. He used like four different sticks to play. It was incredible to listen to. Don’t you just love the Christmas season? Even though it is so busy I love this time of year!
Now lets talk about these Peppermint Candy Cane Brownies. They are seriously Christmas in a brownie. It starts with an amazing fudgy brownie base. Next up is a creamy mint center and then it is topped with ganache and candy canes! Christmas was in every bite of these brownies. So amazing and perfect for the holidays! You are going to love these too!
Peppermint Candy Cane Brownies
Delicious and fudgy brownies with layers of mint frosting and ganache that are perfect for the holidays!
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 6 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Chop the unsweetened chocolate and add it to a microwave safe bowl. Add the butter and microwave 30 seconds at a time stirring in between until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla for two minutes. Slowly add the melted chocolate until incorporated and add the flour mixture. Mix until just combined and pour into the 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick comes our clean. Let brownies completely cool on a wire rack and put in the fridge to chill.
- To make the Mint frosting, beat together powdered sugar, butter, peppermint extract, milk and red food coloring until fluffy. Spread evenly over the top of the brownie layer and put in the fridge to chill.
- To make the chocolate ganache: In a microwave safe bowl add the chocolate chips and butter. Cook in 30 second intervals stir until melted. Spread evenly over the mint frosting layer.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top and chill until the chocolate has hardened.