Peppermint Kiss Sugar Cookies are a perfect balance of a sweet soft sugar cookie with a touch of fresh creamy peppermint flavor. It’s pure magic. They are decant, indulgent and because of the peppermint, they are not too sweet, they’re just right!
Peppermint Kiss Sugar Cookies
Not only are these so cute, but they make a lot, so you don’t have to worry if you eat half of them while your baking. There will still be enough for the cookie exchange, special occasion or holiday festivity you made them for in the first place.
Peppermint is a classic flavor of the Holidays, and sugar cookies are a classic cookie of the season. Put them together and you have the most perfect cookie I think ever. You can’t go wrong with these little morsels of joy.
Peppermint Kiss Ingredients
- Powdered Sugar– secret to perfect sugar cookies
- Butter-Softened for easier mixing
- Peppermint Extract (optional)– totally depends on whether you want extra mint kick or not
- Vanilla Extract– Flavor enhancer
- Egg – Make sure it’s large
- Flour- Sift with baking powder and salt
- Baking Powder Makes cookies light and fluffy
- Granulated Sugar for rolling cookies
- Chopped Candy Cane flavored Hershey’s Kisses
- 30 unwrapped Candy Cane Kisses
Making Peppermint Kiss Sugar Cookies
- Sift-In a mixing bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt
- Combine– In a large mixing bowl combine powdered sugar, butter, extracts and egg. Beat until creamy being sure to scrape the sides. Add the flour mixture and combine till well blended. Stir in chopped kisses
- Shape-Form into 3/4 inch balls and roll them in sugar. Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Press-As soon as you remove them from the oven press a candy kiss in the center. Put immediately in the fridge or freezer so they keep their shape.
Tips for Perfect Peppermint Cookies
I have discovered two different ways to create these, either way they’re delicious!
- Melt– When you remove these from the oven and immediately press the kiss in the center, leave them out on the counter to cool naturally. The candy cane kiss will melt slightly into the center, losing it’s shape but creating a creamy center with melted chocolate.
- Cold- As soon as you place the candy cane kiss in the cookie, place in the fridge or freezer to keep that perfect kiss shape. I also like to let the cookie cool just slightly before I press the kiss down.
Storing Your Cookies
These are perfect for you Holiday cookie exchange or party and you make them ahead of time.
- Store– Make sure the cookies are completely cooled before storing or the chocolate center will melt and make a mess. Store in an air tight container single file so as not to squish each other for up to 4 days.
- Freeze-Make a double batch and freeze some for another day or event. Once completely cooled, refrigerate first if you haven’t already done so for 2-3 hours. Then you can place in a freezer safe container or bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
More Peppermint Treats
I love the freshness peppermint brings to sweet treats.
- Frosted Peppermint Sugar Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Peppermint Dipped Shortbread Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Red Velvet Peppermint Brownies with Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosting
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Cake
Peppermint Kiss Sugar Cookies
I am surprised that any of them made it on top of these cookies! They are so good and my new favorite treat! These peppermint cookies are the perfect cookie exchange treat.
- 1 1/2 cups powdered Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups butter softened
- 1 tsp peppermint extract opt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped candy cane flavored Hershey's kisses
- Granulated sugar For rolling cookie balls in
- About 30 unwrapped Candy Cane Kisses
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
In mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In large mixing bowl, combine the powdered sugar, butter, extracts, and egg. Beat at medium speed scraping sides of bowl until creamy. Add the flour mixture mixing until blended. The mixture will be a bit crumbly. Stir in chopped kisses.
Shape the dough into 3/4 inch balls and roll them in the sugar. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
As soon as out of the oven press a candy cane kiss in the center. Put immediately in the fridge or freezer so that they keep their kiss shape.
I found that you can do this two ways. 1- You can just press the kiss into the cookie and it will melt in the center. It will still look really cute with the stripes but lose the kiss shape. I LOVED the way they tasted when I bit into the soft cookie with melted chocolate. or 2- You can either put them in the fridge or freezer to keep the kiss shape. or I let my cookies cool for about 5 minutes and pressed the kiss down into it and put it in the fridge. it hardly melted at all. Both ways are awesome, I always warmed mine up anyway before eating so the chocolate was soft and gooey.... YUM these are so good!
Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to a week. If they last that long!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.