Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are a soft and chewy chocolate peppermint cookie that gets drizzled with white and dark chocolate and is topped with crushed candy canes. These are fun and festive!
I feel like I have cookies coming out of my ears at my house. My three year old loves to be in the kitchen with me and she especially loves to be in the kitchen with me. She has had a lot of practice making cookies with me this holiday season and is actually quite the good helper! She scoops the cookie dough out for me into a perfect compact ball and releases it onto the baking sheet. It is so much fun hanging out with me and I love that she enjoys cooking as much as I do!
Whenever I deliver cookies to the neighbors, I love them to be fun and festive. And these cookies are just that! The chocolate cookie is chewy with a hint of peppermint and they look so pretty drizzled with chocolate and topped with crushed candy canes.
These cookies turned out amazing and it was so much fun making them with my little girl. I know that you guys will love these cookies just as much as we did. They are the perfect addition to that Christmas goodie plate!
Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white baking chocolate
- 1 cup semisweet baking chocolate
- 1/4 cup candy canes crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium-sized mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and peppermint extract and mix until incorporated.
- In another mixing bowl whisk the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to the creamed mixture.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten to 2 in. rounds with the bottom of a glass. Bake 6-8 minutes or until set (do not overbake). Let cool completely on pans and transfer to a wire rack.
- In the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl, add the white chocolate and cook for 30 seconds at a time stirring until melted. Drizzle over the cookies. Repeat for the semisweet chocolate and drizzle. Top with crushed candy canes and let set.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.