I just love red velvet. And I love white chocolate. And I love a good cookie. These three things were combined in this delicious and vibrant red chewy cookie.
I had a girls night with my friend the other night. And what better way to start off a girls night than to bake a fresh batch of delicious cookies. My friend just had the cutest little baby girl. She is the cutest little thing and it is getting me so excited for my little girl to get here! We had a great night talking and I always love holding her little girl. But I do have to say one of the best part of our night was eating these cookies fresh out of the oven. They were chewy and so soft right out of the oven. And the white chocolate chips completed them perfectly. It was definitely a successful girls night. 🙂
Recipe Source Cooking Classy
Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Delicious and chewy red velvet cookies with white chocolate chips.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 Tbsp butter at room temperature
- 6 Tbsp vegetable shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp red food coloring
- 1 1/3 cups white chocolate chips divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream together the butter, shortening, and sugar about 3 minutes until fluffy. Slowly add in the egg yolk and egg and mix to combine. Add vinegar, vanilla, and food coloring and mix until just combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients until combined. Mix in 1/2 cup white chocolate chips.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and scoop out the cookie dough into heaping tablespoons. Press 5 white chocolate chips onto the top of each cookie dough ball. Be careful not to flatten the cookies.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes in the preheated oven. Transfer to a wire rack to cool and keep the cookies stored in an airtight container.