I am so excited to share this Red Velvet Cream Cheese Muffin recipe with you today! It is from my friend Taste and Tell’s new cookbook, Red Velvet Lovers. I absolutely love red velvet and this book is packed with so many new and different recipes. It took me so long to even decide what to make! I have already made two more different recipes from this cookbook. Red Velvet Cream Cheese Thumbprints and Red Velvet Gooey Butter Bars. Every recipe that I make turns out perfect and I can’t wait to try more recipes out of the cookbook like, Red Velvet Cheesecake, Red Velvet Pancakes, and even Red Velvet Ice Cream! So many possibilities are in this cookbook and there are 50 recipes to choose from!
As soon as I saw this recipe it immediately went on the list! A red velvet muffin with cream cheese swirled throughout and topped with a crumb topping. Get out! I couldn’t make these fast enough! My first bite in these perfectly moist muffins was amazing! I kept thinking how proud I was of Deborah for creating such a perfect muffin. 🙂
These muffins were gone within minutes and the entire family loved them! How can you not love a perfect muffin with cream cheese swirled throughout? You just can’t. And I know that these will become a family favorite at your house as well!
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red liquid food coloring
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Crumb Topping Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12 muffin tin with paper liners or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Whisk in the buttermilk, cocoa, food coloring, oil, and egg in a separate bowl. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Beat the cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl. Fold the cream cheese into the muffin batter. Do not overmix. Make sure that you can stills see the cream cheese swirled throughout. Fill the muffin tins two thirds full with the batter.
- To make the crumb topping: Stir the sugar and flour in a bowl. Add the butter and cut it in with a pastry blender until you have coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly on each muffin.
- Bake 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes and transfer them to cool on a wire rack.
Recipe from Red Velvet Lovers Cookbook