This red velvet pound cake is filled with delicious and rich flavors. It is thick and heavy and absolutely delicious!
Hey everyone! Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron and now that the big game day has come and gone (GO BRONCOS!) I’m in full blown Valentine’s Day mode.
And I don’t think Valentine’s Day can be complete without some good red velvet…right?!
This red velvet pound cake is SO easy to make (hello doctored cake mix recipes, you are the best!) and filled with delicious rich flavors. It’s ultra thick and heavy as a good pound cake should be!
With only 6 ingredients and a 10-minute tops prep time, this could just be THE Valentine’s treat! 🙂
- 4 large eggs
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 package (4.3 ounces) white chocolate instant pudding mix, dry
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and ½ cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare 2 regular bread pans by generously spraying with cooking spray and lightly dusting with flour.
- Briskly whisk the eggs until foamy. Beat in all the other ingredients until completely combined being careful to not over-mix.
- Separate the dough evenly into 2 loaf pans.
- Bake for 60-90 minutes (wide variance depends on altitude differences and oven differences) or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool, and then remove from the pan.
Adapted from Just a Pinch
Delicious Valentine’s Treats from Chelsea’s Messy Apron: