Heyyyyyy friends, It’s Tiffany from Creme de la Crumb and I’ve got one amazing dessert recipe for you today!
These are ooey, gooey, and totally delicious. I made these for a family get together last Sunday and everybody gobbled them up. The best part is that you can eat them cold, at room temperature, or warm from the oven – topped with ice cream! Basically I ate them all three ways, and all were amazing. But top anything with ice cream and I’m in heaven! These bars are incredible, you have to whip up a batch!
*Recipe adapted from Two Peas & Their Pod
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
These bars are incredible, you have to whip up a batch!
- 2 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons butter melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 ounce
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt preferably sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 11x7 inch pan or baking dish with foil and spray heavily with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl combine butter, brown sugar, and sugar and mix until smooth. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix again and until smooth.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until dough comes together. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread half of the dough into the prepared baking dish.
Prepare the caramel.
- Add butter and sugar to a medium sauce pan and stir until butter is completely melted. Add condensed milk and corn syrup and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and whisk 6-8 minutes until mixture reaches a golden caramel color. Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Poor caramel into the pan over the cookie dough. Drop tablespoons of remaining dough onto the caramel until all of the cookie dough is used up. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out mostly clean. If serving as bars, allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. If serving warm you can serve it after removing from oven, and top with ice cream.