Easy Sausage and Rice Casserole is simple to make and big on flavor! Sausage, rice, celery, and onions all bake in a creamy sauce and the result will wow the entire family!
It has been a while since I have made a casserole on the blog. I am not sure why!? My family loves a good casserole! So my goal is to bring you some more casseroles. They are perfect this time of the year and they are so comforting! I especially love that they can feed my entire family with leftovers.
When I had my baby last summer, our neighbor brought us this casserole. OMG, it was so good and our entire family devoured it. It is one of those recipes that you have to hunt down and make again and again. My family is always asking me to make this now and I wanted to share it with you!
This recipe is such a classic and I remember having it before. But the one that my neighbor brought was THE BEST. It might be the extra addition of slivered almonds on the top? Whatever it was, this casserole came together so well and the flavor was incredible.
How do you make Sausage and Rice Casserole?
You start by browning your sausage. Add in the chopped onion, celery, and garlic. Transfer to a two-quart casserole dish. Add rice, soup, broth, and stir. Top casserole with almonds and bake!
Easy Sausage and Rice Casserole
- 1 pound sausage I used pork
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 can cream of celery soup*
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a [url:1]medium-sized skillet[/url] over medium-high heat add the sausage and cook halfway. Add the onion, celery, and garlic and continue to cook until the vegetables are tender and the sausage is no longer pink.
- Add the sausage to a 2-quart casserole dish. In a [url:2]small bowl[/url], whisk together the chicken broth and cream of celery. Add the rice to the sausage and soup. Mix together until incorporated. Top with slivered almonds. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 60 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
[b]Alyssa Also Recommends: [/b]
Want to make this even easier? Here are a few products that I LOVE:
•[url:3]Staub Cast Iron Skillet[/url]
•[url:4]Finedine Mixing Bowls[/url]
•[url:5]Cuisinart Stainless Steel Chopper[/url]
You might also like: