Sausage Stuffed French Bread Boats are such a delicious and easy breakfast. Stuffed with sausage, cheese, eggs, bell peppers and onions this is sure to be a breakfast the entire family will love!!
My family has been in a breakfast rut lately and it is time to come up with some delicious and easy new ideas for the blog. I am so excited to introduce you to Jones Dairy Farm.
Jones Dairy Farm is a family-owned and operated company based in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin. For more than 127 years, the company has been making high quality breakfast meats that you can feel good about serving your family. Know what I love best about Jones Dairy Farm Products? I can trust their products to help create a fantastic and flavorful recipe.
This year, I will be bringing you some breakfast recipes that I know your family will love! For this recipe I’m using Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll. The roll sausage is made with just four ingredients – pork, water, salt and spices. This all-natural, Certified gluten-free sausage has no added preservatives, MSG, binders or fillers. Best of all – it is absolutely delicious!
Stuffed French Bread boats are all the craze right now. It is so easy to make for a hungry family. I decided to make a fun twist on stuffed French Bread by adding hearty breakfast foods. Sausage, cheese, eggs, bell peppers, and melty cheese are filled in a crusty french bread.
This comes together quickly and only requires minimal prep. It is hearty and filled with all of my family’s favorite breakfast foods. This became a new favorite and disappeared quickly!
I know that your family is going to love this just as much as we did. They are already begging for me to make it for them again!
The All Natural Roll Sausage is available in the freezer section of fine retailers nationwide. To find a retailer near you that carries Jones Dairy Farm Sausage, use the company’s product locator.
Sausage Stuffed French Bread Boats
- 1 package roll of Jones Dairy Farm All-Nartural Pork Sausage
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 loaf Italian french bread
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted, separated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons whole milk
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Optional: chives 4 slices bacon, fried or baked, broken into large pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook and break up the sausage in a skillet over medium heat. Add in the onion, garlic, and bell peppers for the last 4-5 minutes of cooking.
- Cut the bread lengthwise and place both parts face up on the sheet.
- Brush both pieces generously with melted butter (4 tablespoons). Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Cover with a piece of aluminum foil and place in the oven.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan. Add eggs.
- Scramble for 30 seconds and then add in the milk. Finish scrambling.
- Take the bread out of the oven and top with cheddar cheese slices, the sausage and veggie mixture, the eggs, and the mozzarella cheese.
Place bread back in the oven and broil for 1-3 minutes (watching carefully) or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove and top with chives and cooked, crumbled bacon if desired.
- Slice and serve.
This post was sponsored by Jones Dairy Farm. I love working with brands that I am passionate about and use in the kitchen for myself. All opinions expressed are my own.