This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Honey Garlic Butter Scallops are pan seared and then coated in the most amazing honey garlic butter sauce. This meal is so quick and easy that you will make it again and again!
If you looking for more amazing scallop recipes, be sure to check out these Pan Seared Scallops with a Lemon Caper Sauce, and these Garlic Butter Herb Scallops! I make these Amazing Creamy Tuscan Garlic Scallops, and they always please a crowd.
Honey Garlic Butter Scallops
Honey garlic butter scallops are a total game-changer! I made a shrimp recipe that had this same marinade on top of it (sticky honey garlic butter shrimp) and I thought the only thing that could top that recipe would be to put the marinade on scallops. It was seriously one of the best dishes I have ever had. My whole family agreed! It was a total hit, and I can’t wait to make it again.
I like to eat my scallops with a side of rice, and I always make this easy instant pot rice recipe. They go so perfectly together! I also can’t resist perfectly cooked air fryer broccoli. With that honey garlic marinade on top of all of it, it’s the perfect dish!
I think you are going to love the ingredients in these honey garlic butter scallops! They are simple and fresh, and really make a flavor combination that even the pickiest eater will love. They are sweet and savory, soft and delicious. You can find the full measurements below in the recipe card.
- Honey: This is key, this is what makes them all sticky and golden. They are absolutely delicious with a caramelized outside!
- Soy Sauce: Soy sauce adds a lot of flavor that balances out the sweetness of the honey.
- Garlic: Garlic is the perfect ingredient to tie all of the flavors together in this dish. It’s savory and a little sweet, and full of amazing flavor.
- Lemon Juice: I love to add a little lemon juice to brighten the dish up and help all of the ingredients shine.
- Scallops: Choosing the right scallops is key. You want to find some that are firm and dry, and when you press on them it should feel like a pork chop. Definitely don’t get a shiny or soft one, they will not be as good.
- Butter: I like to cook my scallops in butter. I just think it tastes the best!
- Green Onion: Garnish your scallops with some green onions after they are done cooking. It adds a pop of fresh flavor!
Honey Garlic Butter Scallops Recipe
Honey garlic butter scallops are something you don’t want to overcook! But they aren’t hard to make, so there’s no reason to be nervous. When they are cooked perfectly, they are absolutely delish! I swear there is nothing better than a perfectly cooked scallop.
- Marinate: In a small bowl whisk honey, soy sauce, garlic and lemon. Add half of the sauce to the shrimp and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Sear and Garnish: In a medium sized skillet add the butter. Then add the scallops and set aside the marinade. Season with salt and pepper. Then turn the heat to medium high. Sear scallops for 3- 3½ minutes on each side until they are golden brown on each side. Then add the reserved marinade and pour over the scallops. Cook until the sauce starts to thicken and coats the scallops. Garnish with green onions.
Tips for Making Scallops
If you have never made scallops before, this honey garlic butter scallop recipe is for you! It’s a great way to get lots of flavor into the scallops. It’s sure to be a hit at your house.
- Searing Scallops: Scallops are really delicate meat. They get rubbery if you cook them for too long. The key to a perfectly cooked scallop is to not move them around in the pan. You should put them in a hot pan, and they only take a few minutes to cook. You want them to be golden brown but not overdone. Trust me, an overcooked scallop is a huge disappointment. So trust your gut!
- Honey Garlic Butter Marinade: I like to add sesame seeds to my marinade because it pairs perfectly with soy sauce. You can add any other ingredients you like! I love how you get to turn the marinade into a delicious sticky sauce. It’s so good poured over the top of the rice and veggies too.
- Best Pan to Use: If you have a cast iron skillet, this is the time to use it. They retain heat really well and they preheat great. You can use any pan, but it’s best to use a heavy-bottomed one if you don’t have a cast iron. Make sure the butter is hot before adding the scallops.
Honey garlic butter scallops make great leftovers! The hardest part is actually reheating them without overcooking them. I like to melt some butter in a pan and then slowly reheat in a pan for 1-2 minutes. Then cover the pan with foil and let it rest for a few more minutes. They won’t be rubbery!
- In the Refrigerator: You can store your scallops in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Honey Garlic Butter Scallops
- In a small bowl whisk honey, soy sauce, garlic and lemon. Add half of the sauce to the scallops and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a medium sized skillet at the butter. Add the scallops and set aside the marinade. Season with salt and pepper. Turn the heat to medium high. Sear scallops for 3- 3½ minutes on each side until they are golden brown on each side. Add the reserved marinade to the skillet. Cook until the sauce starts to thicken and add scallops back in to coat. Garnish with green onions.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.