This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
This super-easy side dish is delicious, full of flavor, and has the perfect crispy crunch on the outside. This air fryer broccolini takes less than 10 minutes to make and can be paired with just about any meal!
Cooking sides in the air fryer is one of my favorite this because they taste good, and there is no mess. Try out a few more of my favorites, like these air fryer crab cakes, these french fries, or this corn on the cob.
What is Broccolini?
I love air frying veggies and this broccolini is no exception! Broccolini (sometimes called baby broccoli) is similar to regular broccoli, except it has longer stems and small florets on top. It has the same taste and texture, but I love using broccolini because I like that it’s a bit bigger.
The reason that I love cooking up broccolini in my air fryer is because of the texture! I am a sucker for roasting vegetables and this recipe does the same thing but in half the time and with no mess. I like to pair my broccolini with some chicken and potatoes and make it a meal!
Ingredients to Make Air Fryer Broccolini
This broccolini is covered in a delicious lemon garlic parmesan sauce. It has the best flavor! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Broccolini: You can find this with all of the other fresh vegetables in your local grocery store.
- Olive Oil: I like to use regular olive oil. But, you can use extra virgin olive oil if you have that instead.
- Garlic Cloves: If you don’t have any fresh garlic cloevs then you can use minced garlic. 1/2 teaspoon equals about 1 clove of garlic.
- Fresh Lemon Juice: I love the bright splash of flavor that this brings.
- Parmesan Cheese: You mix this into the sauce and also sprinkle it on top just before cooking the broccolini.
- Salt and Black Pepper: You can add as much as little of these seasonings as you want to make it fit your taste.
How to Make Air Fryer Broccolini
You are going to love this easy air fryer broccolini recipe! It’s so delicious and easy to make and the cook time is so short that you can whip it up just before dinnertime.
- Whisk: In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan, and salt and pepper.
- Pour: Place your broccolini in the air fryer basket and pour the mixture over it.
- Rub: Coat the broccolini by rubbing the sauce all over each stalk.
- Sprinkle: Sprinkle the top with the remaining shredded parmesan.
- Cook: Cook it in the air fryer at 380 degrees for 7-10 minutes or until crispy and tender.
Air Fryer Tips
Before you get started on making broccolini with your air fryer, there are some tips that I recommend so that your food turns out crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Don’t Overcrowd the Basket: The most important rule (in my opinion) is that you don’t try to fill the air fryer’s basket up with too much food at once. When you overfill the basket and your food is all touching then it doesn’t cook evenly. The parts that touch will remain soggy and you won’t get that delicious and crisp edge that the air fryer is known for! Cook them in a single layer for the best results.
- Shake the Basket: Give the basket a good shake throughout the cooking process! This helps to cook and brown the food more evenly. I like to do this with fries, vegetables, and anything I want to crisp and brown really well. Just pull open the basket a few times during the cooking process, shake to toss the ingredients inside, and replace the basket to continue cooking.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Air Fryer Broccolini
- 1 pound Broccolini
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 4 tablespoons Shredded Parmesan
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan, and salt and pepper.
- Place your broccolini in the air fryer and pour the mixture over it.
- Rub it all over until the broccolini is coated.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining shredded parmesan.
- Cook at 380 degrees for 7-10 minutes or until crispy and tender.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.