We have had a great summer here so far in North Carolina. We recently returned from Myrtle Beach and had a blast. My hubby’s company makes the summer a lot of fun while we are here. I return home to Utah in two weeks! This time here has flown by. Then it is time to get the kids ready for school. And my youngest will be starting kindergarten. I am getting excited for school to start, and to have normal bedtimes around here! And geez! They are going to eat us out of house and home soon! 🙂
With how hectic the summer time can get, I use my slow cooker just as much as I do in the winter. This delicious meal for example took 5 minutes to throw into the crockpot! Thats it! I was able to run some errands, take my boys swimming, and then we came home to an amazing meal! The sauce was thick and glazed the chicken perfectly with a hint of orange in it. The chicken was so tender it just fell apart and it was perfect served over some rice!
Sesame Orange Chicken
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 pounds chicken thighs boneless skinless
- 2/3 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce reduced sodium
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes crushed
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds toasted
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large gallon sized bag, place the flour inside. Add the chicken and shake to coat.
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray and place the flour coated chicken in the bottom.
- In a large bowl, combing barbecue sauce, marmelade, orange juice, soy sauce, ginger and pepper flakes. Pour over the top of chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours until chicken is tender. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.