Skillet Monterey Chicken is a 30 minute meal that the entire family will fall in love with! Smothered in BBQ sauce, monterey jack cheese and bacon this meal is full of flavor!
You guys. I am not going to lie. The recipes lately going up on this blog are uh-mazing. And the best part is that you are all making them and giving them RAVE reviews!!
Let me add just another amazing must try recipe to your list. This skillet monterey chicken. I could probably eat this every day for the rest of my life. My son said it is one of the best things he has ever eaten!
This has been a family favorite recipe on the blog here but I usually bake it. Since I am kind of anti oven in this million degree weather I decided to make it in a skillet. Everything about this meal will blow you away!
I absolutely love the soy sauce, honey and worchestershire sauce marinade and I still wanted to incorporate it in this recipe. The chicken simmers in the amazing sauce plus it is smothered in barbecue sauce, cheddar cheese, bacon and topped with green onions and chopped tomatoes. These flavors together are going to BLOW you away!
I promise this is a quick and easy meal that you will make again and again!
Skillet Monterey Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- Salt Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Worchestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons barbecue sauce I love Sweet Baby Ray's Regular BBQ
- 1 cup shredded monterey Jack Cheese
- 8 slices apple-smoked bacon cooked and crumbled
- green onions sliced
- 1 roma tomato diced
- In a large skillet add olive oil and salt and pepper the chicken. Cook the chicken on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until brown on each side and cooked until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Add the honey, soy sauce, worchestershire sauce, garlic and salt to the skillet and bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Add the chicken back to the skillet and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Top with 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, cheese, and smoked bacon. Continue to simmer until cheese melts. Garnish with green onions and tomato and serve immediately.