Skillet Monterey Chicken is a 30 minute meal that the entire family will fall in love with! Smothered in BBQ sauce, monterey jack cheese and bacon this meal is full of flavor!
You guys. I am not going to lie. The recipes lately going up on this blog are uh-mazing. And the best part is that you are all making them and giving them RAVE reviews!!
Let me add just another amazing must try recipe to your list. This skillet monterey chicken. I could probably eat this every day for the rest of my life. My son said it is one of the best things he has ever eaten!
This has been a family favorite recipe on the blog here but I usually bake it. Since I am kind of anti oven in this million degree weather I decided to make it in a skillet. Everything about this meal will blow you away!
I absolutely love the soy sauce, honey and worchestershire sauce marinade and I still wanted to incorporate it in this recipe. The chicken simmers in the amazing sauce plus it is smothered in barbecue sauce, cheddar cheese, bacon and topped with green onions and chopped tomatoes. These flavors together are going to BLOW you away!
I promise this is a quick and easy meal that you will make again and again!
Skillet Monterey Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts boneless skinless, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- Salt Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Worchestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons barbecue sauce I love Sweet Baby Ray's Regular BBQ
- 1 cup shredded monterey Jack Cheese
- 8 slices apple-smoked bacon cooked and crumbled
- green onions sliced
- 1 roma tomato diced
- In a large skillet add olive oil and salt and pepper the chicken. Cook the chicken on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until brown on each side and cooked until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Add the honey, soy sauce, worchestershire sauce, garlic and salt to the skillet and bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Add the chicken back to the skillet and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Top with 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, cheese, and smoked bacon. Continue to simmer until cheese melts. Garnish with green onions and tomato and serve immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
One of the BEST and I cannot stress BEST entrees I have ever had in my entire life. It is amazing. I would recommend making sure chicken is cooked to 165-170*f with a meat thermometer. Amazing 100/5 stars.
Very good skillet Monterey chicken
I beliene she means to put two tablespoons of bbq sauce on top of each piece pf chicken. You wont have any left over. This recipe is delicious
Made last night, everyone including big and little kids loved it! Had to use tenders, what I had on hand. Added just a little BBQ sauce to the pan sauce, excellent and easy! Thanks for the recipe, its a keeper 🙂
YAY!! I am so happy it was loved by all!! Thanks for sharing! XOXO
Love Love Love Love.
It was GREAT. Added cilantro, forgot to add the BBQ sauce. Will try that next time.
Hi, Alyssa…..the Monterey Chicken looks yummy and I want to try it today. The recipe calls for 8 slices of applewood smoked bacon but the recipe does NOT call for it to be cooked before starting the recipe. Can you please clarify??? Thanks, Shirley
Oh sorry! I will edit that. Yes. Cook the bacon before and just use it as a garnish on top. 🙂
I gave this a try last night and it’s a keeper! I have to be careful next time to simmer the sauce gently because it thickens quickly; probably due to the honey. Great flavor, super easy, a quick meal and everyone went back for seconds. That’s a 5 star recipe for me! Thank you!
This looks delisted but what do you do with the remaining 6 tablespoons of bbq sauce ?
You put 2 Tablespoons on top of the chicken and top that with cheese and bacon. 🙂
Your recipe calls for 8 tablespoons but you are only saying to put 2 on top of the chicken. We are confused as to what to do with the other 6? Put them in the sauce?
Hey girl this looks so yummy!
This looks delicious! I’m always making all types of chicken but I’ve never made Monterey chicken. I will need to try it out!