I love cheesecake! And it is no secret here on the blog. It is such an awesome dessert. I mean seriously, who doesn’t love cheesecake? It is one of the hardest things for me to give up when I am watching what I eat. I had a dream last night that I was eating my favorite cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory. I was so sad when I woke up and it wasn’t real. I have to still have my cheesecake fix when I watch what I eat. That is why I love making these Skinny Mini Cheesecakes, or this raspberry swirl cheesecake. And now my new favorite are these Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars!
I am also a huge lover of peanut butter. So when you combine peanut butter and cheesecake together on a chocolate graham cracker crust I am in heaven. I talked about little victories in my post on Friday. By swapping out some ingredients for better for you ones that is a total victory! And it makes eating healthier throughout the year easier to do. You would never guess that these bars had greek yogurt and lower fat cream cheese inside. And it cuts down on the calories significantly. Oh yeah. These bars are no bake! They are easy to throw together and a dessert that the entire family will love!
Recipe adapted from Food Network
Skinny Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
A healthier no bake way to have cheesecake while watching what you eat!
- 9 sheets chocolate graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate morsels melted
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup peanut butter creamy all-natural
- 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts chopped
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips melted for drizzle
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. In a food processor add the graham crackers and pulse until fine crumbs. Add the melted butter. Pulse again until the crumbs are coated in butter. Add the melted chocolate and pulse again until it is the texture of very wet sand. Press into the bottom of the 8x8 inch pan. Pop into the fridge while making the filling.
To make the filling:
- Add the cream cheese, peanut butter, greek yogurt, and powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Pour on top of the chocolate crust and spread evenly.
- Top with peanuts and drizzle with melted chocolate. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.