My picky 5 year old hasn’t eaten dinner with us for two weeks now. Just smelling the food makes him gag! I have never met a pickier person ever. So I found this recipe for Slow Cooker Asian Chicken. She said it was her favorite recipe and it only takes 5 minutes to prepare. I thought ok! I think my picky eater might like this and it looks delicious and easy. Sure enough it took less than 5 minutes to throw into my slow cooker and it was the BEST thing I have eaten. My 5 year old devoured it and left nothing on his plate. You all know that I love Asian food and I could have it at least once a week! The sauce on this chicken was so wonderful and savory! You know it is good when you already want to make the recipe again in the same week!!
Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 1 star
Review: This gives an option of using a liner in your crockpot for easier clean-up. I didn’t use one and the clean-up wasn’t bad, but the Oyster Sauce tends to make it stick a little more. Also don’t let the oyster sauce scare you. It didn’t give it a fishy taste at all. The flavor of this chicken is amazing! I would make this meal every week!
Slow Cooker Asian Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worchestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp quick-cooking tapioca This is found by the jello. It is in a little box either on the very top of very bottom of the shelf.
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Oyster sauce
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray or put a liner in it.
- Place Chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- In a small bowl whisk together soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, quick-cooking tapioca, minced garlic and oyster sauce.
- Pour over chicken and if using a liner tie up the liner.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Serve over rice and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.