This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Flank steak that is rubbed in spices and slow cooks with peppers, jalapeño, and onions all day to tender and juicy perfection! This recipe is easy and will become a family favorite!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas Tacos
- 2 lbs Flank Steak other cuts can be substituted but flank steak is best
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 seeded jalapeno chopped
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- corn tortillas
- avocado slices
- your favorite salsa
- Mix together all spices in a small bowl. Rub the spices all over your flank steak. Place your steak at the bottom of your crock pot.
- Cover the steak with the chopped onions, bell peppers and jalapeno pepper. Turn heat on LOW and cook for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, remove meat from crock pot and shred with a fork. It should be incredibly easy to shred. You can either stick the shredded meat back in the pot for another hour or serve as is.
- To serve, heat your corn tortillas in a skillet on the stove. Spoon some carnitas on a tortilla then top with salsa, avocado, cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.