Slow Cooker Italian Chicken and Potatoes is such an easy meal to make but packed with such amazing flavor! The entire family will love this hearty meal in one.
Hey hey it’s Tiffany from Creme de la Crumb! It’s no secret I’m a little bit obsessed with my slow cooker – or I should say slow cookers because I think I have five of them??? I just got a new one for Christmas and I’m so excited about it, I use my slow cookers several times a week and when we are having a family get together I usually have a few in use at the same time.
This is a great go-to weeknight staple dish. I love the flavors, it’s really healthy, and I never get tired of chicken or potatoes. The best part? It’s chicken AND potatoes made in one dish at the same time. It’s awesome! Even picky eaters are a fan of this simple crockpot meal. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
Slow Cooker Herbed Chicken & Potatoes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 4-6 chicken thighs
- 3 cups chopped potatoes about 1 ½ inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh herbs for garnish optional
- In a large bowl combine chicken and potatoes. Drizzle with oil and stir to coat. Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning over the chicken and potatoes, then toss to coat well.
- Transfer to slow cooker (OR optional step: cook chicken and potatoes in a large skillet pan over medium high heat for 2-3 minute to brown before transferring to slow cooker to cook all the way through), cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are fork tender.
- Garnish with fresh herbs like oregano and thyme (optional) and serve hot.
Fine dine Mixing Bowls
The Recipe Critic Measuring Cups
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Hello! Could I leave it on low for 8 hours if I start it when I go to work in the morning?
That will be a little too long for this chicken to cook since it is already cooking on low!
Italian dressing mix or blended Italian seasonings? Thanks!
Could you add carrots and a small onion?
Sure! That sounds delicious!
How would you change this up for using an instant pot?
Although I’ve never tried it, I’m sure you could! The potatoes may need some liquid, I would suggest adding about 1 cup of broth or water to the pot and cooking at high pressure for 15-20 min. Let me know how it turns out!
Do you need to add any liquid to this or just the olive oil ?
Just the oil!
My potatoes were very wet from the condensation. How does yours look so dry?
I’m sorry! I’m not sure why that would have happened to you! Did you try browning the chicken and potatoes before? Maybe that would help!
I always put paper towels under the lid to catch any condensation
Made this last night and it was lovely, so easy to make and a nice change to the usual chicken meals
How long if you cook it on high?
I would try cooking it on high for 2-3 hours!