Slow Cooker Mexican Chorizo Egg Casserole is so quick and easy to put together and packed with big flavor! Hashbrowns, cheese, and eggs get loaded up with black beans, corn, and chorizo to make one delicious breakfast!
Have you made a breakfast in your slow cooker yet? If you haven’t, the holidays are the perfect time to start! There is nothing better than a delicious breakfast for the holidays. And with guests over at your house this season, it is the perfect way to welcome them.
I was so incredibly excited when McCormick released their new line of Slow Cooker Breakfast Seasoning Mixes! If there is anyone that I love and trust to add awesome flavor to the dish I am creating, it is McCormick. I chose to use the Slow Cooker Mexican Egg Casserole Seasoning Mix for this recipe. We love Mexican flavors at our house and it was especially delicious topped with chopped tomato, avocado, and cilantro!
This recipe couldn’t be easier to make. You start by browning the chorizo. Then, you throw in the potatoes, corn, and black beans, and chorizo into the slow cooker. Whisk some eggs, add the seasoning packet and cheese, pour in the slow cooker and you are good to go!
Can I add eggs to the slow cooker?
Yes, you definitely can! Just whisk the eggs and pour them on top of the hash brown mixture. Make sure they cook through and are set and spring back when touched.
This breakfast turned out incredible and is jam-packed with so many delicious breakfast foods and flavors. It is perfect for feeding a crowd and requires little effort to make! I don’t know about you guys but with the holidays I am all about little effort. Throw some ingredients in a slow cooker and let it do its thang while I can try to enjoy the holidays with the people I love.
Top this off with your favorite toppings, avocado, sour cream, salsa, cilantro, and tomatoes and you have the perfect breakfast. This will become a new family favorite!
- 16-ounce chorizo sausage
- 2 cups frozen hash browns, I used shredded
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup black beans
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package McCormick Good Morning Mexican Egg Casserole Slow Cooker Breakfast Seasoning Mix
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Optional toppings, sliced avocado, sliced tomatoes, cilantro, salsa, sour cream
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat, add the chorizo sausage and cook until no longer pink in the center.
- Spray a 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray and add chorizo, hash browns, corn and black beans and mix.
- In a medium-sized bowl add the whisk the eggs, milk and breakfast seasoning packet. Add in 1 cup of the cheese. Pour on top of hashbrowns in the slow cooker. Top with ½ cheese.
- Cook 2½ hours on high or 4 to 4½ hours on low or until eggs are set. Top with additional toppings and enjoy!
This post was sponsored by McCormick®. I love working with brands that I am passionate about and use in the kitchen for myself. All opinions expressed are my own.