I live right down the street from a Sweet Tooth Fairy. Dangerous I know. While I was at my weekly run I spotted a new treat. Snickers Brownies. Now Snickers are my favorite candy bar. They are what finally broke me of my hate for chocolate. Sweet Tooth Fairy’s are made a little different with the brownie on the bottom and more of a caramel nougat frosting on top drizzled in chocolate. I love the recipe for Homemade Snicker’s Bars on my blog. I love that they have layers just like a Snicker’s Bar. So when I found this recipe from Cooking Classy I fell in love!
This recipe takes a little bit to make the layers. I think my son even said, “mom you are adding another layer??” But every layer and all of the effort is soooooooo worth it! It is everything that you can possibly imagine in a snickers bar with an added fudgy brownie layer. Can it get better than that? I had to immediately give these to neighbors because I couldn’t get enough of them. If you love snickers and brownies then you are going to love these!
Recipe slightly adapted from Cooking Classy who adapted from BHG
An amazing fudgy brownie that is layered with caramel, peanuts, and nougat and tastes exactly like a Snickers!!
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 bag Kraft Caramels 12 oz
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk divided
- 1 cup salted peanuts chopped
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 container marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 package milk chocolate chips 12 oz.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine 1/2 cup butter and coarsely chopped unsweetened chocolate. Melt in 30 second increments stirring after each time until it is melted and smooth. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 inch pan with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
To make the brownie layer:
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir 1 cup of sugar into the melted chocolate. Stir in eggs and vanilla. Combine chocolate mixture with the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Pour batter into your 9x13 inch pan and spread evenly. Bake for 15- 17 minutes. Cool Completely.
For the caramel layer:
- In a microwave safe bowl add the caramels, and 2 tablespoons evaporated milk. Microwave on high stirring every 30 seconds in between until melted and smooth. Stir in chopped peanuts.Spread the caramel mixture over the cooled brownies. Put in the freezer to let it set before putting the nougat layer on.
For the nougat layer:
- Add 1 1/4 cup sugar, and remaining evaporated milk (1/2 cup plus 2 tsp), and 1/3 cup butter. Turn to medium high heat and bring to a boil stirring frequently then reduce to medium. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat and stir in marshmallow cream and peanut butter. Remove your pan from the freezer and spread the nougat layer on top of the caramel layer. Place the pan back in the freezer.
- For the chocolate layer: In a microwave safe bowl combine chocolate chips, butter and heavy cream. Heat in 30 seconds increments stirring every time until melted and smooth. Spread evenly over the nougat layer. Put back into the freezer to let the chocolate layer set up. Cut into squares and store in the refrigerator.