Spiced Rub Brown Sugar Pineapple Glazed Ham is coated with a sweet and tangy spiced glaze that caramelizes on the edge of the ham. This will be the star at your holiday dinner table!
This recipe has been sponsored by the National Pork Board. I love working with brands that I am passionate about and use in the kitchen for myself. All opinions expressed are my own.
Did you guys have a great Thanksgiving holiday? This year Thanksgiving was at my house and it was fantastic. I love getting together with friends and family for a delicious feast. Fun fact about my family: we have turkey and ham on Thanksgiving. We love ham at our house and it is always a part of our dinner table. I am always in charge of making the glaze for the ham and I made this amazing brown sugar pineapple glaze to top it off!
When preparing an upcoming holiday feast, I make sure that pork is part of the menu. A beautifully glazed ham is always the star of our dinner table. When trying to get creative in the kitchen and planning your upcoming holiday meal, pork offers a variety of cuts and flavor profiles to help inspire every occasion. The great thing is that pork is affordable for families. You can provide your family a tasty meal that is budget friendly with pork at the center of your table.
You guys are going to love the glaze for this ham. It includes brown sugar, Dijon mustard, pineapple juice, and Worcestershire sauce. This glaze is the perfect balance of sweet and tangy and is full of flavor on top of the spiced rubbed ham. As soon as you get that spice rub on the ham, use half of the glaze on top and it is ready to bake.
How do I cook a ham in the oven?
Put the ham, flat side down, in a roasting pan. Add 1/4- inch water into the bottom of the pan. Transfer to the oven until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 150 degrees. That is roughly 15 minutes per pound in a 325-degree oven. Don’t forget to let rest at least three minutes before serving.
What side dishes go with ham?
Our Thanksgiving meal ended up being amazing and this ham was a complete show stopper at the dinner table. I mean that sweet and tangy glaze on top? It was the perfect flavor combination and my family kept raving about it. A delicious glaze on top of the ham is a must and you guys are going to love this one just as much as we did.
I hope that you all have an incredible holiday season!
Spiced Rub Brown Sugar Pineapple Glazed Ham
- 1 boneless fully cooked 5-pound ham
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place the ham flat side down in a roasting pan. Combine brown sugar, coriander, cinnamon, cumin, pepper and allspice in a small bowl. Rub on the outside of the ham.
- To make the glaze: In a small bowl combine pineapple juice, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Rub half of the glaze on top of the ham and reserve the other half.
- Add ¼ cup of water to the bottom of your roasting pan and bake the ham for about an hour and 15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 140 degrees. Remember, your ham is already fully cooked and you are heating it to the optimal eating temperature.
- Remove the ham from the oven and rub remaining glaze on top of the ham and broil for 2-3 minutes until the glaze caramelizes on the top. Let rest three minutes before serving. Enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.