Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 3 stars
Review: I make this dessert all of the time. I usually just use my homemade strawberry jam for the topping, but was out of it when I made it this time. It is great either way, but I liked using up some of my awesome jam. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 15x10x1 or 9×13 with cooking spray. Or you can use parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy removal.
2. Make the sugar cookie dough according to package directions. (Should call for butter and egg.) Press the dough down in prepared pan evenly. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly golden brown. Cool completely.
3. Melt the white baking chips in microwave stirring it 30 seconds at a time. In a mixer, blend together the cream cheese and melted baking chips over medium speed. Spread over the crust and refrigerate while making the topping.
4. Crush 1 cup of the strawberries in a small bowl. In a medium saucepan, mix together sugar and cornstarch. Add the crushed strawberries and water. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture starts to thicken and comes to a boil. Let cool for 10 minutes.
5. Gently stir in the rest of the 2 cups of sliced strawberries and spread over the very top. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Serve within 4 hours and store in refrigerator.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker