I have this vision when I die and go to heaven. There will be a huge buffet table with all of my favorite foods on them. They will all be zero calories. I have a list of some of my favorite recipes that will be served, but this will definitely be a dessert! It is heavenly. Picture this. A sugar cookie crust, with cream cheese and white chocolate on top of that with the most perfect costco strawberry glaze on top. It can’t get much better than that. And this won the 2008 Best Red Carpet Dessert. So I am pretty sure that you will love it too!
Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 3 stars
Review: I make this dessert all of the time. I usually just use my homemade strawberry jam for the topping, but was out of it when I made it this time. It is great either way, but I liked using up some of my awesome jam. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
Strawberries & Cream Dessert Squares
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix 1 lb 1.5 oz
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1 package cream cheese softened, 8 oz
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 15x10x1 or 9x13 with cooking spray. Or you can use parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy removal.
- Make the sugar cookie dough according to package directions. (Should call for butter and egg.) Press the dough down in prepared pan evenly. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly golden brown. Cool completely.
- Melt the white baking chips in microwave stirring it 30 seconds at a time. In a mixer, blend together the cream cheese and melted baking chips over medium speed. Spread over the crust and refrigerate while making the topping.
- Crush 1 cup of the strawberries in a small bowl. In a medium saucepan, mix together sugar and cornstarch. Add the crushed strawberries and water. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture starts to thicken and comes to a boil. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Gently stir in the rest of the 2 cups of sliced strawberries and spread over the very top. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Serve within 4 hours and store in refrigerator.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.