Creamy and delicious cheesecake bars swirled with strawberry and baked on top of an oatmeal cookie crust! A delicious dessert bar that the entire family will love!
Breakfast can get pretty hectic in the mornings. Trying to get the boys out the door for school on time is sometimes a hard thing to do. One thing that our family loves to eat for breakfast in the morning is oatmeal. My boys eat 2-3 packets every morning! It is a main staple in our house.
I prefer steel cut oats because of their hearty texture, but they can take longer to cook. So I was so excited when Quaker introduced me to the new Quick 3 minute Steel Cut Oats! They took the cooking time from 30 minutes to 3, while maintaining the hearty texture and nutty flavor that has made steel cut oats so popular.
The awesome thing about these Quick 3 Minute Steel Cut Oats is that it is so versatile. Because it is ready faster, it is great in sweet or savory dishes as well. It worked wonderfully as a baking additive and the texture is amazing!
Strawberry Cheesecake is a classic dessert and one of my favorites. I love making dessert bars because they are so easy to make and easy to serve. You can never go wrong with taking strawberry cheesecake anywhere. It is amazing.
The Steel Cut Quick Oats in the cookie crust made this dessert amazing and unique. The cookie crust was soft and chewy while the steel cut oats added a hearty texture.
Steel Cut Oats add so many benefits to these dessert bars. You are going to love the texture that it adds! It is also adding protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals. It was the perfect baking additive to these delicious bars.
My first bite was amazing. The creamy cheesecake swirled with strawberry and the soft and chewy cookie bar. The steel cut oats add a texture that is amazing! I couldn’t stop eating these bars and they became an instant favorite for our family. I already can’t wait to think of more fun ideas to use for these steel cut oats. You will love them as much as we do! You can also stay connected with Quaker through Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for the latest and greatest!
Quaker wants you to try our their new Quick Cooking Steel Cut Oats, so they’re going to be giving one lucky person this basket, including:
- A set of two oversized ceramic oatmeal mugs, perfect for sharing a bowl of Quaker Quick 3-Minute Steel Cut Oats with a family member or friend
- A one-pocket apron ideal for cooking and baking everything from a simple breakfast to an elaborate dish
- A set of four red ceramic measuring cups for measuring oats and other ingredients
- An all-purpose wooden spoon for preparing your next homemade bowl of oats
- A retro kitchen timer for timing the Quick 3-Minute Steel Cut Oats preparation
- A $25 Visa gift card to purchase ingredients for your very own steel cut oat creation
- A spacious wicker basket to house all of your favorite dry breakfast ingredients
- Quaker Quick 3-Minute Steel Cut Oats Canister and the Quaker Quick 3-Minute Steel Cut Oatmeal flavored varieties, including both the Blueberries & Cranberries and Brown Sugar & Cinnamon flavors
Total giveaway value is approximately $130
How to Enter:
Enter giveaway by simply leaving a comment!
For an extra entry, post your own steel cut oat recipe online (using Twitter or Instagram) using Quaker 3-Minute Steel Cut Oats Original flavor using the hashtags #QuakerUp and #SweepsEntry. Be sure to tag me @alyssa_therecipecritic so I can keep track of your entries as well!
Good Luck! XO
Giveaway ends April 3, 2015.
Quaker is providing the prizes for this program at no cost to me. This program is not administered or sponsored by Quaker or its affiliates, but solely by The Recipe Critic.
This post was sponsored by Quaker®. All opinions expressed are my own!
Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup Quick Oats Quaker® Steel Cut
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 packages cream cheese 8 ounce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 inch pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
To make the cookie base:
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside. In another bowl or using a stand mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until blended. Add the dry ingredients in slowly until incorporated. Add in the steel cut quick oats until mixed throughout.
- Press into the bottom of your prepared 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. And reduce oven to 325 degrees.
To make the cheesecake layer:
- Beat together cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth and creamy. About 3 minutes. Spread on top of the warm cookie crust.
- Drop the strawberry jam by large spoonfuls on top of the cheesecake layer. Swirl with a knife. Put back into the oven and continue to bake for 25-30 minutes until the cheesecake layer has set up and remove form oven and allow to completely cool. Chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours before serving.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Yummy things to make!
This looks like a great recipe. I’m bookmarking it and will be making it soon.
what a great recipe !!!
I am anxious to try this recipe. Headed out right now to get the “fixings.”
I soooo want these, like YESTERDAY! I couldn’t stop staring at the pictures. I love cheesecake and I’ve been craving oatmeal lately. I wish someone could just make these and send them to me. Pretty please? 🙂
I tweeted: https://twitter.com/cowladydeland/status/584108533463052288
I think I will make these for Easter!
OMG! These bars look amazing! They will be a tasty and pretty addition to my Easter dinner! What’s even more perfect is that I have all of these ingredients on hand! No additional shopping required! Thanks for sharing! Happy baking and cooking!
This recipe looks delicious and one my family will love! I’d love to try it with seedless raspberry jam.
I would love to introduce steel cut oats to my family!