Thai Chicken Flatbread Pizza smothered in easy tangy peanut sauce, tender chicken, carrots, sprouts, mozzarella cheese and the option of Coconut Crema drizzle – an amazing flavor bursting quick dinner the whole family will love!
One of my favorite teenage hangouts – light years ago – was California Pizza Kitchen – affectionately referred to as CPK. Somehow at CPK, our large, loud, bubbly group always ended up seated in the back corner. And somehow, I always ended up with the Thai Chicken Pizza. I wouldn’t have had it any other way.
While CPK is known for their BBQ Chicken Pizza, which I do love, its their delectable Thai Chicken Pizza that has my heart. I find its refreshing Thai flavors and complimentary textures absolutely intoxicating. And now I am thrilled to share my version of CPK with you! so YOU too can love this pizza whenever your heart desires.
This recipe makes 2 flatbread pizzas which I would say serves about 2-4. 2 if you are like Patrick and me and we both NEED our very own pizza. So yeah, you should probably double or triple the recipe. To start, you simply saute your chicken, then whisk in your peanut sauce ingredients which is simple mixture of soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, ginger, garlic, basil and of course – peanut butter! This is a variation of the peanut sauce I use in all my Thai peanut recipes and every time I am amazed at how much flavor can come from so simple a sauce – and you will too!
Spread this peanut chicken sauce onto your pizzas, pile with mozzarella cheese, red onions, carrots, bean sprouts then bake for 10-ish minutes until golden bubbly then garnish with cilantro, crushed peanuts and if you are feeling extra flirty and fun, drizzle it with 4 ingredient Cconut Yogurt Crema! Trust me, you want to feel extra flirty and fun.
Thai Chicken Flatbread Pizza, an easy week-night dinner or impressive appetizer so you can satisfy your Thai cravings AND pizza cravings in one bite! or one pizza, two pizzas…
- 2 naan flatbreads
- 2 chicken breasts chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil/coconut oil
- 1 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (may sub. soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha/Asian hot chili sauce (optional)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dry basil
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup peanut butter (I like crunchy)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅛ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup white bean sprouts
- ⅓ cup matchstick carrots
- roasted peanuts, chopped
- cilantro, chopped
Coconut Crema (optional)
- ½ of a 5.3 oz coconut yogurt
- 1½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- Coconut Crema: Whisk all the ingredients together in a medium bowl until smooth. Store in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil (for easy cleanup). Set aside.
- Whisk all the Peanut Sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl EXCEPT for the peanut butter. Set aside.
- Heat oil over high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add chicken and saute just until no longer pink (does not need to be cooked through). Add prepared Peanut Sauce (except for peanut butter) and simmer with chicken for two minutes. Stir in peanut butter until smooth and completely combined.
- Evenly divide Chicken Peanut Sauce between flatbread and spread almost to edges. Evenly divide and layer cheese, red onions, carrots, and sprouts on each of the flatbreads.
- Bake for 10 minutes then broil until cheese is golden. Garnish with crushed peanuts, cilantro and Coconut Crema.
Carlsbad Cravings Original