When I had my little babe back in June some neighbors brought us over meals. I was looking forward to this because we have some amazing cooks in our neighborhood. Every meal that was brought to us we absolutely loved! It is so nice to be able to relax and recover and have dinner taken care of for you.
One of the meals we absolutely loved. We left to North Carolina two weeks after our baby was born and I thought about this meal all summer. As soon as we got back from North Carolina, I had to get the recipe and make it again. Come to find out, it was adapted from an old Weight Watchers recipe. Healthy for you and delicious? Awesome!
This meal comes together in less than 30 minutes and is delicious served over pasta. It has some delicious veggies hidden inside and the basil brings out amazing flavor. Since basil is one of my favorite herbs, it became an instant favorite. We all loved this meal the first time and we were reminded how incredible it was the second time! If you are looking for an easy, flavorful and healthy meal, then this recipe is for you!
Tuscan Basil Chicken
A quick and easy 30 minute meal that is packed with flavor and a meal that the family will love!
- 1 pound chicken breasts about 3, cut into strips
- 1 large carrot diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic 14 1/2 oz.
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 Tablespoon basil chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and carrot and saute until they start to soften. Add chicken strips and cook until no longer pink. About 5 minutes.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, parmesan cheese, basil, and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low and let simmer about 10 minutes to let the flavors blend.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
Recipe from my neighbor Leslie