This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Heyyyyyy it’s Tiffany from Creme de la Crumb! I can’t believe we are half way through June. HOW did that happen??? I am loving this summer more than ever though now that my twin kidlets are crawling around and we can enjoy the sunshine outside together. Every single day we walk to the park, or sit out on the grass in the backyard or in the kiddie pool and I tell ya, I probably love it more than they do.
We are so busy these days that quick, tasty, 30-minute meals are saving my sanity right now. This amazing shrimp stirfry was inspired by a popular Applebee’s dish and I am in love! The sauce is sweet and savory and a little spicy – everything I love in a good stirfry! Feel free to swap veggies for any you prefer or play with the amount of heat in the recipe – it’s easily customizable!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Wonton Shrimp Stirfry
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms steamed or boiled til just tender
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup soy sauce I used low sodium
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth or water
- 1 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup crispy wonton strips you can find these in the salad topping section of most stores, near the croutons
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions chopped
- Stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vegan, sriracha, sesame oil, chicken broth, and corn starch (whisk until corn starch is dissolveand set aside.
- Add shrimp, broccoli, red bell peppers, mushrooms, and garlic to a large greased pan and saute over medium heat 3-5 minutes until shrimp is cooked through (fully pink), mushrooms are tender, and garlic is fragrant.
- Add sauce mixture and bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes, green onions, and wonton strips on top and serve immediately. (I like to serve it with steamed white or brown rice)
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.