Heyyyyyy it’s Tiffany from Creme de la Crumb! I can’t believe we are half way through June. HOW did that happen??? I am loving this summer more than ever though now that my twin kidlets are crawling around and we can enjoy the sunshine outside together. Every single day we walk to the park, or sit out on the grass in the backyard or in the kiddie pool and I tell ya, I probably love it more than they do.
We are so busy these days that quick, tasty, 30-minute meals are saving my sanity right now. This amazing shrimp stirfry was inspired by a popular Applebee’s dish and I am in love! The sauce is sweet and savory and a little spicy – everything I love in a good stirfry! Feel free to swap veggies for any you prefer or play with the amount of heat in the recipe – it’s easily customizable!
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms steamed or boiled til just tender
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup soy sauce I used low sodium
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth or water
- 1 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup crispy wonton strips you can find these in the salad topping section of most stores, near the croutons
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions chopped
- Stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vegan, sriracha, sesame oil, chicken broth, and corn starch (whisk until corn starch is dissolveand set aside.
- Add shrimp, broccoli, red bell peppers, mushrooms, and garlic to a large greased pan and saute over medium heat 3-5 minutes until shrimp is cooked through (fully pink), mushrooms are tender, and garlic is fragrant.
- Add sauce mixture and bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes, green onions, and wonton strips on top and serve immediately. (I like to serve it with steamed white or brown rice)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Hello. Can this be made with grilled chicken?
It will have a different taste to it but that does sound great! Let me know how it turns out! XOXO
If you cook the shrimp thoroughly in the first step and then add sauce and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes don’t the shrimp tend to be over-cooked? I don’t like to over-cook my shrimp as they seem to turn rubbery.
I’m looking for a seafood cannoleni recipe,do you have one?
Hi! My father and I love your recipe! I was wondering if you would recommend making a batch of this sauce and either freezing or refrigerating it? Thanks!
My wife and I made this recipe tonight and all I have to say is, oh my goodness. I was staying in a hotel in northern Cincinnati early this week and ordered this off the menu. Told my wife about it in the morning and told her we had to find the recipe. Your recipe is spot on and we are still on a food “high”, lol. Thanks for putting this together, we will put this in the rotation for sure. Might even add a few more red pepper flakes next time.
That sounds great! I am so glad you both liked it! Thanks so much for sharing! XOXO
The pictures really make my mouth water. Quality pics!
Oh this looks so good!
This looks delicious Tiffany!!
Ohhh, looks delicious! I make stirfries so often and I simply looove shrimp… Weekend dish here I come!