- 1¾ cup flour
- ½ cup corn starch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup eggnog
- 1 cup powdered sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with parchment or spray with cooking spray. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, corn starch, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add the rum extract, vanilla, and eggnog, and mix to combine. Add the dry ingredients and mix to form a thick dough.
- Shape the dough into one inch balls and place 1-2 inches apart on the baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes, or until lightly browned on the bottom. Remove and let cool 15 minutes, then roll in powdered sugar.
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017