Don’t forget to enter HERE to win the iPad Mini!
My picky 5 year old is obsessed with eggnog. Everytime we go to the store he has to buy eggnog. What is up with that? I had all of the ingredients on hand to make these and they were easy to whip up a batch. I love how these cookies meltaway in your mouth and have a subtle eggnog taste. They were delicious!
Rating: 3 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 2 stars
Things that I changed: I added 1/4 t cinnamon and 1/2 tsp nutmeg to the flour mixture for added spice.
Things that I would do differently next time: Nothing
Will I make them again? Yes
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup eggnog
1 cup powdered sugar for rolling the cookies
1. Mix together the flour, cornstarch, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggnog.
3. Add the flour mixture gradually until well combines. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or until the dough is firm.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
5. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place on the baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
6. Bake 12-14 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and cool for about 5 minutes and then roll them in powdered sugar. Makes about 3 dozen.