You had me at peanut butter chocolate chip, blondie. And I instantly fell in love. My two favorite combinations in one delicious blondie. Then drizzled with chocolate on top? Yum. I knew when I saw this recipe on a friends blog I had to make it. And how cute are these for Valentines day cut into a heart shape? My oven seems to be going on the fritz lately. Very frustrating for a food blogger. So I couldn’t fully enjoy this amazingness of this blondie. Hopefully soon I can get my oven looked at so that I can make these again and have them baked to perfection.
Rating: 3 stars (only because of oven issues) Difficulty of Recipe: 2 stars
Review: I doubled the recipe because I wanted to make a 9×13. Because of my oven I have to make these again because it cooks very unevenly. I still loved the bite that I had and they are seriously so good with the peanut butter and chocolate flavor combo. I will definitely be making these again!
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup peanuts
1/2 cup chocolate chips (You will divide in half 1/4 cup set aside to drizzle on top.)
1. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8×8 baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, mix peanut butter, oil and brown sugar until combined. Stir in milk and vanilla.
3. Mix in the flour, salt, and baking powder. The batter will be very thick.
4. Spread into your 8×8 baking dish. Sprinkle the peanuts and chocolate chips on the top pressing them into the batter lightly.
5. Bake them for 22-25 minutes. The edges need to be lightly brown and the top will look soft.
4. Let them cool and cut them into square or hearts.
5. Melt the remaining 1/4 chocolate chips (I just did in the microwave) and drizzle the melted chocolate on top!
Recipe from Sally’s Baking addiction