As the cooler temperatures start rolling in I can’t wait to make some hot chocolate. Since my white hot chocolate last year turned out so amazing, I couldn’t wait to add pumpkin and spices to make it taste just like pumpkin pie!
I try to keep the furnace off as long as I possibly can. My hubby always wants to turn it on the second it gets cold in the house. But make him wait until you can practically see your breath it is so cold. 🙂 The temperatures dropped to about 48 degrees last week. So we turned on the furnace and I knew it was the perfect time for this delicious and warm white hot chocolate.
Because I love pumpkin so much and white hot chocolate this became an instant favorite. It was creamy and smooth and really did remind me of pumpkin pie. It was easy to make and warmed us right up. The spices were perfect and it didn’t last long at all on that cold 48 degree day. 🙂
- 3 cups whole milk (You can substitute half and half, heavy cream, or a mixture.)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- dash of cloves
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces white chocolate, roughly chopped
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk, pumpkin puree, spices, and vanilla on medium low heat. Dot bring it to a boil.
- Add the white chocolate a stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. Garnish with whip cream and cinnamon.
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017