When I was younger I hated chocolate. My mom always told me it was probably because when she was pregnant with me, she ate a candy bar everyday on her break! Unfortunately for my waistline, over the years I have started liking it more and more. But if I had to choose between white and milk chocolate…. white chocolate every time! I love white chocolate. I was so excited to try this recipe for homemade white hot chocolate. It has been freezing in Utah and we just got a huge snow storm! This sure did hit the spot perfectly. I thought it was the most delicious hot chocolate that I have ever tried! It was amazing!!
Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 1 star
Things that I changed: I added a 1/2 cup of heavy cream for good measure! I also added a pinch of nutmeg to it!
Things that I would do differently next time: Nothing
Will I make it again? Yes
Recipe Adapted From: All Recipes
White Hot Chocolate
- 4 cups milk of choice You can substitute half and half, heavy cream, or a mixture.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz. white chocolate chopped into small pieces
- Whipped Cream or marshmallows for topping
- Stir together milk, chocolate and vanilla in small saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the white hot chocolate comes to a simmer. (Do not let it come to a boil.)
- Remove from heat and serve immediately, topped with whipped cream or marshmallows if desired.