Hey again Recipe Critic readers! Chelsea back again from Chelsea’s Messy Apron with a quick pasta salad. This salad has plenty of zesty flavor, fresh cherry tomatoes and parsley, and other great flavors. My favorite part though? Definitely the curly noodles!
This pasta dish can be ready in under 20 minutes, yep not kidding! Basically while the pasta is boiling, you just need to chop up a few ingredients and get them ready to stir in the pasta. Cherry tomatoes, I just halved and I roughly chopped the parsley leaves. Once the pasta is done cooking you will want to drain it and run it under cold water.
Running the pasta under cold water not only stops the noodles from cooking more, but it will also cool them down for the dressing to be added in. I used Zesty Italian dressing for this pasta. It adds so much flavor and I love it with the parsley and tomatoes.
Finally, I topped this salad with some freshly grated parmesan cheese. The parmesan cheese finishes this salad off perfectly!
Hope you all enjoy!
- 1 pound pasta of choice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups zesty Italian dressing
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pint (10.5 ounces) cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in the pasta, and follow the package directions to cook the noodles.
- While the noodles are cooking, cut up the tomatoes by halving or quartering them. Cut the parsley into small pieces.
- Drain the noodles, and rinse them in cold water until they have cooled. Add in the minced garlic, crushed red pepper, and Italian dressing.
- Mix in the Parmesan cheese, tomatoes and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Here are some more recipes from Chelsea’s Messy Apron:
You can also connect with Chelsea’s Messy Apron here!
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.