Oh my. It is amazing how one extra step in making the classic rice krispies treat can blow your mind. I am always down to make rice krispies. They are so simple yet amazing. I probably could down an entire pan if I let myself. I am obsessed with anything brown butter so I couldn’t wait to try it on rice krispies!
As soon as I had an ooey gooey bite I was hooked. The brown butter instantly gave this the amazing nutty flavor. How come I didn’t think of browning the butter before? These are hands down the best way to make them and became an instant favorite. I will never go back to making them any other way! They are the absolute best!
- 5 to 6 cups rice krispies treat cereal
- ½ cup butter
- 10 ounce bag marshmallows
- Prepare a 9x13 inch pan by lightly greasing the bottom and sides. Set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium high heat. Continue to stir until the butter starts to froth and turns brown and has a nutty aroma. Add in the marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add in the rice krispies treat cereal. I like 5 cups so they are extra gooey but you can add 6 if desired.
- Press the rice krispies firmly into the bottom of your 9x13 inch pan. Allow to cool. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Weekly Menu Plan #54 - June 25, 2016
- Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken - June 20, 2016
- Asian Pan Seared Salmon Salad with Honey Sesame Dressing - June 19, 2016