Hi, it’s Jenn, from Eat Cake For Dinner. Did you all have a fun Easter weekend? Do you have any leftover ham? Well, this is just the breakfast you need to make.
This was the first quiche I have ever made. My Father-In-Law made a quiche on Christmas morning last year and it was delicious. The crisp buttery crust mixed with the creamy eggs and cheesy filling was fabulous. This version is loaded with ham, broccoli and lots of cheese. To finish it off, it’s sprinkled with smoked paprika. It not only gives the top a beautiful orange color, it adds a light smokey flavor. If you don’t have any leftover Easter ham, deli ham works great too. You can really add any fillings you like . . . mushrooms, sausage, bell pepper and spinach are a few that crossed my mind.
This is a cinch to throw together. The hardest part is knowing when it’s cooked all the way through AND you have to let it rest before slicing into it. Once you remove it from the oven, it continues to cook a bit while it cools, so resist the urge to slice into it early.
I even ate this for a few days in a row, so it is great re-heated.
- 1 (9-inch) Deep-Dish frozen pie crust
- 1 Tbl. butter or olive oil
- ½ c. onion, finely chopped
- 2 c. fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 c. diced cooked ham (leftover or deli ham)
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ c. Feta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and broccoli and saute for a few minutes or until tender. Add the garlic and saute for 30 more seconds. Stir in the ham and pour mixture into frozen pie crust. Top with Cheddar and Feta.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper and pour over fillings in the crust. Sprinkle with smoked paprika. Place pie crust over a cookie sheet and bake for around 45 minutes or until center is set. Cool for 30 minutes before slicing. Slice into 6 wedges.
adapted from: All Recipes Magazine
You might also like these other delicious recipes from: Eat Cake For Dinner
Stay Connected with Eat Cake For Dinner
Latest posts by Jenn (see all)
- Whole Wheat Carrot Cake Bread with Cream Cheese Icing - January 9, 2017
- Cherry Almond Bread - December 6, 2016
- Perfect Soft and Buttery Rolls - November 4, 2016