Perfectly fudgy and moist brownies that have an oozing salted caramel center. These will be one of the best brownies that you sink your teeth into!
I made these brownies a couple of days ago and still can’t get over how amazing they turned out. My boys were home for spring break and needed a yummy treat. They love brownies. But the salted caramel oozing inside took these brownies to a whole different level!
Let me just say that these were the BEST brownies that I have ever had!
I have never had a more moist and perfectly fudgy brownie. This brownie base is awesome. And then the salted caramel so ooey and gooey in every bite. Perfection. If you love an amazing brownie and salted caramel, this recipe is a must try!
Like you need to go and buy the ingredients now. You won’t regret making them! 🙂
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup 2% milk
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces caramels (like Kraft caramels)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. This makes cleaning up easier with the caramel.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. In another large bowl, beat together the sugar, cocoa, oil, eggs and milk. Add the dry ingredients until blended. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon two thirds of the batter into the greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the caramel filling. In a microwave safe bowl, heat the caramels and sweetened condensed milk stirring 30 seconds at a time until melted and smooth. Can also melt over medium low heat in a saucepan.
- Pour the melted caramel over the warm brownie layer. Sprinkle coarse sea salt on top. Drop remaining brownie batter over the top of the caramel and carefully swirl the top with a knife. Bake for an additional 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not overbake. Allow the brownies to completely cool before serving. Can also garnish the brownies lightly with additional sea salt.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017