This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Amazing Salted Caramel Popcorn is a sweet and salty snack with melted caramel covering each popcorn for a soft, crunchy, rich and chewy snack! The Ultimate Sweet and Savory Snack!
Amazing Salted Caramel Popcorn
Nothing is better than homemade caramel popcorn! I can’t believe that I haven’t made it until now.
This salty caramel popcorn is incredible. Something to me about combining a little bit of salty with a little bit of sweet is so yummy.
Homemade caramel popcorn is so easy to make. It always seemed so intimidating to me.
I have made this twice now in the past week!
The entire family got involved and my youngest loved helping pop the popcorn.
The caramel sauce only takes about 10 minutes to heat up and then you just pour it over the popcorn. It is really the best!
This recipe is definitely a keeper and we will make it over and over again at our house!
What you need to make salted caramel popcorn
Delicious homemade caramel popcorn with a little bit of salty added to sweet! Pure Perfection!
This easy to make salted caramel popcorn recipe is sure to be a huge hit during your next party.
Popping fresh warm popcorn and covering it with a salted caramel sauce only brings out pure joy and excitement!
Sticky, sweet, crunchy, salty and savory all mixed together in one large bowl.
It is hard to stop after one handful.
- Uncooked popcorn kernels: uncooked and popped in an air popper is best.
- Brown sugar: a little sweetness added to the caramel sauce.
- Butter: softens and blends the caramel sauce together.
- Karo syrup: light syrup is preferred and will help give it that sticky texture.
- Sweetened condensed milk: makes it creamy and delicious!
- Sea salt: more or less to taste!
How to make salted caramel popcorn
Caramel popcorn is just what you need this holiday season!
If you love caramel you will want to try this Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce.
It tastes just like a carnival in your mouth!
- Pop your popcorn: Pop your popcorn kernels in an air popper machine and pop into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Make salted caramel popcorn on the stove: On medium high heat in a medium saucepan, cook the brown sugar, butter, and karo syrup. Allow to come to a boil. Add sweetened condensed milk and sea salt.
- Cook salted caramel sauce: Allow to softly boil for about 3-4 minutes until it gets to the softball stage. Be careful to not cook to long and allow it to burn.
- Mix the popcorn and caramel together: Pour the caramel over the popped popcorn. Mix with a wooden spoon to make sure that it can all be coated evenly. Enjoy!
Variations or add ins
Melting different colored candy melts depending on the holiday and drizzle over top of the popcorn.
These popcorn balls taste delicious as-is, but feel free to add in extras if desired. Such a fun way to make these treats a little more festive around the holidays!
- Chocolate: M & M’s, chocolate chips, dark chocolate, white chocolate or mint chocolate.
- Nuts: peanuts, cashews, chopped walnuts, pecans or slivered almonds.
- Seasonings and Spices: cinnamon, apple spice or Italian spices.
- Candy: candy corn, sprinkles, cinnamon bears or mini marshmallows.
Tips for making salted caramel popcorn
- To cook your popcorn quicker, simply pop your flavored popcorn in the microwave. Salted popcorn is best but if you love extra butter that will work too.
- For best results use fresh brown sugar for the best flavoring.
- Either light or dark brown sugar will work for this salted caramel popcorn recipe.
- To make sure your caramel sauce has reached a soft ball, place a dipped spoon of caramel into a cup of ice water. You will be able to form a soft ball. If it is stringy, cook an additional minute.
- Only cook the caramel for about 3 minutes for a chewier caramel texture.
- Watch over your caramel sauce mixture as it is cooking. It can burn easily on the stovetop.
- Once the caramel is done cooking on the stove, work quickly to mix your caramel sauce with popcorn. It will harden within minutes once it reaches room temperature.
Storing salted caramel popcorn
This recipe is great even doubled for your holiday parties!
This salted caramel popcorn is a tried and true favorite that is a huge hit with friends and family!
Make this ahead of time or prepare this simple salted caramel popcorn recipe just minutes beforehand.
Simple to make and delicious to the taste!
- Can you make salted caramel popcorn ahead of time? Yes! I love to make this ahead of time and store it in a ziplock bag or an airtight baggie until ready to serve.
- How long can you store salted caramel popcorn? Individually wrap, use a ziplock bag or an airtight container to store your caramel popcorn in. It will keep at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks.
More caramel sweet treats
- Salted Caramel Brownies
- Salted Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Dutch Caramel Apple Pie Bars
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Watch a video on how to make Caramel Popcorn here:
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Salted Caramel Popcorn
- Pop your popcorn kernels in an air popper machine and pop into a large bowl. Set aside.
- On medium high heat in a medium saucepan, cook the brown sugar, butter, and karo syrup. Allow to come to a boil. Add sweetened condensed milk and sea salt.
- Allow to softly boil for about 3-4 minutes until it gets to the softball stage. Be careful to not cook to long and allow it to burn.
- Pour the caramel over the popped popcorn. Mix with a wooden spoon to make sure that it can all be coated evenly. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.