Hi Recipe Critic readers!!!! How’s it going? It’s Jenn, from Eat Cake For Dinner, back to share one of my favorite side dishes with you. Did you know that I am a huge vegetable lover? I love roasting a bunch in the oven and enjoying them for dinner and then for lunch the next day. I always use red potatoes and baby carrots to save on time, because you don’t have to peel them. In the Summer, I also like to throw in some fresh sliced zucchini and chopped tomatoes from the garden.
I grow basil each year and this year I also tried oregano. So far so good and I have been throwing fresh herbs in everything, including these vegetables. If you have other herbs you like, throw them in too. Rosemary or thyme would be delicious and add lots of flavor.
I have already made this twice in the past few weeks. The vegetables are soft and tender and perfectly seasoned. If you want the vegetables to get a little crispy and caramelized, you will want to divide them between two baking sheets. Serve with my favorite Grilled Basil Rub Chicken and Baking Powder Biscuits or Copycat Famous Dave’s Cornbread Muffins.
- 4 med-large red potatoes, unpeeled, washed and diced
- 1 (16 oz.) bag baby carrots
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced, opt.
- ½ c. finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbl. Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbl. chopped fresh basil
- ½ Tbl. chopped fresh oregano
- ½ Tbl. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbl. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add potatoes, carrots, zucchini, onion and garlic to a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and top with Italian seasoning, basil, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir together until everything is evenly coated with oil.
- Spread out onto a large baking sheet that has been lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray (this will make for a much easier clean up). If you want your vegetables to get a little crispy and caramelized, then divide between two baking sheets. Bake for 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serves 4-6.
- Note: You can really use any variety of fresh herbs that you like (rosemary and thyme would be delicious).
You might also like these recipes from Eat Cake For Dinner:
Stay Connected with Eat Cake For Dinner