It’s hot here in Utah my friends. Like 102 degrees. We only go outside if it involves a kiddie pool and a hose to cool us down. Since I am not a fan of using the oven when it is so hot we love to get together and have a BBQ.
I always try to have a delicious side to go with our BBQ. Something cool and filled with all of my faves.
I love orzo pasta. The texture is a mix between pasta and rice and it is amazing. I wanted to use orzo in a delicious pasta dish to take to a gathering. Then it came to mind to make a southwestern style pasta salad. I filled it with corn, black beans, cilantro, avocados, and cherry tomatoes. The result was delicious!
The textures and flavors combined so well in this easy to make orzo salad. I love cilantro ranch dressing on pretty much anything. So I added some lime and tossed it with the salad. IT WAS AMAZING!
I instantly fell in love with my first bite.
I know that you guys are going to love this one! It is sure to be a hit wherever it goes. 🙂
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked orzo
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocados, diced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Cilantro Lime Ranch:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Cook and prepare orzo according to package directions. Rinse in cold water.
- Add corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro and toss.
- To make the cilantro lime ranch: In a food processor or blender, add the mayonnaise, greek yogurt, milk, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, and salt and pepper. Pulse until blended.
- Pour the dressing over the orzo salad and toss until coated. Enjoy!
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.