Beef that slow cooks to tender melt in your mouth perfection. This takes minutes to throw into the crockpot and has such amazing flavor! One of the best things that you will make in your slow cooker!
Isn’t it funny how we count down the days until school gets out for summer? And then we count down the days until school starts again? We have one more week left until school starts. I love my kiddos dearly and we have had such a fun summer together, but I can’t wait to get back into a routine again. Not only that but these kids sure know how to eat! They haven’t even reached the teenager eating phase yet and I feel like they are eating me out of house and home. We have to go on a weekly costco run just to keep up with their demands.
With how much these kids eat I have had to get creative with dinner time. I think they have just about had enough of Taco Tuesday. So I love to make slow cooker meals. We have about two a week! It is so easy to just throw everything in and have a delicious dinner ready by 6. I sure do love my slow cooker.
But let’s just get into this recipe. This is hands down one of the BEST things that I have ever made in my slow cooker. Ever.
First of all this is SO easy to make with minimal ingredients. It is simple yet full of so much flavor! It took me less than 5 minutes to throw it in the slow cooker. And then I just let it do its thang.
And then the beef. OMG the beef. It literally just melts in your mouth! It cooks so tender in the slow cooker. And then the sauce is incredible. As I was eating this I kept thinking… there is no way that you could make this and not fall in love!
Everything about this recipe is perfect and I know that it will become a family favorite at your house just like it did at ours! You don’t have to go to a 5 star restaurant to get it either. You can make it right at home and have it be the star of the dinner table!
- 1 ½ pounds Flank Steak
- ¼ cups cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoons mince Garlic, Cloves
- ¾ cups Soy Sauce
- ¾ cups Water
- ¾ cups Brown Sugar
- 1 cup grated Carrots
- green onions, for garnish
- Cut flank steak into thin strips. In a ziplock bag add flank steak pieces and cornstarch. Shake to coat.
- Add olive oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, water, brown sugar and carrots to slow cooker. Stir ingredients. Add coated flank steak and stir again until coated in the sauce.
- Cook for high 2-3 hours or on low 4-5 hours until cooked throughout and tender. Can serve over rice and garnish with green onions.
Recipe slightly adapted from Once a Month Meals
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Creamy Tomato Italian Parmesan Chicken - July 19, 2016
- Triple Berry Kale Salad with Creamy Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing - July 18, 2016
- Thai Barbecue Chicken - July 17, 2016