Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef

Beef that slow cooks to tender melt in your mouth perfection.  This takes minutes to throw into the crockpot and has such amazing flavor!  One of the best things that you will make in your slow cooker!

Isn’t it funny how we count down the days until school gets out for summer?  And then we count down the days until school starts again? We have one more week left until school starts.  I love my kiddos dearly and we have had such a fun summer together, but I can’t wait to get back into a routine again.  Not only that but these kids sure know how to eat!  They haven’t even reached the teenager eating phase yet and I feel like they are eating me out of house and home.  We have to go on a weekly costco run just to keep up with their demands.

With how much these kids eat I have had to get creative with dinner time.  I think they have just about had enough of Taco Tuesday.  So I love to make slow cooker meals.  We have about two a week!  It is so easy to just throw everything in and have a delicious dinner ready by 6.  I sure do love my slow cooker.

But let’s just get into this recipe.  This is hands down one of the BEST things that I have ever made in my slow cooker.   Ever.

First of all this is SO easy to make with minimal ingredients.  It is simple yet full of so much flavor!  It took me less than 5 minutes to throw it in the slow cooker.  And then I just let it do its thang.

And then the beef.  OMG the beef.  It literally just melts in your mouth!  It cooks so tender in the slow cooker.  And then the sauce is incredible.  As I was eating this I kept thinking…  there is no way that you could make this and not fall in love!

Everything about this recipe is perfect and I know that it will become a family favorite at your house just like it did at ours!  You don’t have to go to a 5 star restaurant to get it either.  You can make it right at home and have it be the star of the dinner table!

Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
Beef that slow cooks to tender melt in your mouth perfection. This takes minutes to throw into the crockpot and has such amazing flavor! One of the best things that you will make in your slow cooker!
Serves: 4-6
  • 1 ½ pounds Flank Steak
  • ¼ cups cornstarch
  • 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
  • ½ teaspoons mince Garlic, Cloves
  • ¾ cups Soy Sauce
  • ¾ cups Water
  • ¾ cups Brown Sugar
  • 1 cup grated Carrots
  • green onions, for garnish
  1. Cut flank steak into thin strips. In a ziplock bag add flank steak pieces and cornstarch. Shake to coat.
  2. Add olive oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, water, brown sugar and carrots to slow cooker. Stir ingredients. Add coated flank steak and stir again until coated in the sauce.
  3. Cook for high 2-3 hours or on low 4-5 hours until cooked throughout and tender. Can serve over rice and garnish with green onions.

Recipe slightly adapted from Once a Month Meals

Peanut Butter Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

Baked Cinnamon Sugar Apple Chips

1. I love slow cooker recipes and on the look-out for more to make during this super busy fall semester. I will definitely be adding this to the menu!!

2. This looks delish!! Thinking of adding it to my menu for next week….but I gotta know, does it taste a lot like soy sauce? I love soy sauce, but my family doesn’t so much IF they can taste it.

• I would say no. But I also love soy sauce so now I am second guessing myself! Haha. The brown sugar helped to make it more sweet. It really is amazing!

• Thanks, I’ll give it a go. If they hate it, then more for me ;o)

• Made this today. Didn’t get home in time to turn it off, so it stayed on warm a bit too long…..but, everyone really liked it!! My kids and hubby are taking it tomorrow for lunch, and no one suspected it had soy sauce ;o) Thanks!!

• Can always add honey to it for added sweetness if need be. Good meal, have made it twice. Want to spice it up, add Sambal to taste for heat. Cheers.

3. It looks good, but isnt mongolian beef suppose to be spicy? this sounds sweet

4. Thank you for this recipe! I’m making it TONIGHT for my honey and he loves beef and Chinese food and wanted more slow cooker options since they are quick and easy for us. I will add red chili flakes to the mix as well to give it the spice he likes. Mmmm. Will let you know how it turns out!

5. Hi Alyssa – this looks delicious. Did you use dark or light brown sugar?

6. This is delicious and super easy. My family loved it! I used a slightly nicer cut of beef (flat iron) because it was on sale. Also, I decreased the brown sugar and soy sauce each by 2 tablespoons because of comments on the original recipe post. Thanks so much!

7. Delicious and very easy to prepare. Will definitely make again : )

8. I made this last week and it turned out great! I plan on making it again real soon, and the only change I’m making is adding a little heat. Making it a little spicy will take this great recipe to the next level!

9. Helen Lay says:

Looks great and would live to try it but not sure what flank beef is..think it is just an American name

10. I make mongolian beef all the time because we love it and I cook a lot of Oriental food since I spent so much time over there. The only thing I see wrong with this is mongolian beef has onions and green pepper. I’ll try this because I love crock potting because it’s so easy and no fuss. I’ll do this on high and towards the last hour of cooking I’ll add the sliced onion and green pepper. They should be slightly crisp. Nice recipe though. Thank you.

• Heather Lemire says:

I took your advice and added onions and peppers an hour before it was finished and it was just delicious! I also added a couple tbsp sriracha chili garlic sauce to the wet ingredients to give it a little kick, I’d add a couple more next time though.

11. We made this tonight and just LOVED it. The soy sauce/brown sugar proportions were just right.
    Because we like it a little hot, I added 3 dried small red peppers; it gave it the kick we like. Served over arborio rice….YUM!
    Thanks for sharing this!

12. The recipe sounds amazing, but I don’t have a slow cooker!! Would it be possible to replicate in my big cast iron pot?

13. Gail Mahnke says:

Yummy, just the thing for fall. I also add prepared mustard to it. So goood.

14. Beth arnott says:

Just wondering what kind of soya sauce you are using? The regular “American” version or an authentic Chinese one – if so did you use light soy or dark soy?

15. Can’t wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!

16. Hi, do you think that this recipe is adaptable to work with the Tupperware microwave pressure cooker?

17. Do you think I could mix up all the crockpot ingredients in a ziplock and make this a freezer meal to thaw 24 hours before putting it in the crockpot? Baby #2 is almost here and I’m looking to stockpile my freezer with meals I know we’ll love.

• Yes definitely! Here are the directions to freeze. {Coat flank steak in cornstarch. Combine remaining ingredients and place into indicated number of freezer bags. Add steak to indicated number of freezer bags. Label and freeze.}

18. I didn’t didn’t like it too sweet no flavor I rate 0
    Family likes this and they rave about it, you must not be a very good cook.

• Thank you for your nice comment. I think you are the first comment on this post that hasn’t liked it and raved about it so it must just be you. 🙂 I still stand by this recipe and all of the other reviews that this is one of the best recipes on here.

• That seems like just a weird spammy troll comment . I wouldn’t worry about it. I’m going to make this recipe today; thanks so much for taking the time to share it with us! I’ve made quite a few of your other recipes and they always turn out good.

• Heather Lemire says:

Wow, Henry. That wasn’t very nice. You could have just said you didn’t care for it, no need to say “you must not be a very good cook.” That was just mean. I would think a little more about my comments before posting in the future if I were you.

Alyssa, this looks great! I’m going to make it later tonight and add red pepper flakes as well as onions and peppers one hour before it finishes at the suggestion of a prior commenter. Can’t wait to try it!

• Heather Lemire says:

Update: 2 thumbs up! So good, Alyssa!

• Go you!!!! I just typed a three paragraph review… It’s lost..!!!!! Somewhere in cyberspace…ok. Can I do this again? This recipe rox!!!! I just wrote 4 paragraphs about it… Lost. Hhhhhhh….: bottom line …, awesome, but too salty…. ( and I love salt)… Damn.

• your a jerk! How about it’s just not for you!

19. Thank you so much to this delicious and easy recipe! I made this for Rosh Hashanah lunch banquet yesterday, and it was a hit!

20. I modified it slightly. Cooked it on the stove top. Added mushrooms and a hot pepper. About 20 minutes before serving added peppers and onions. Delicious! I will be making this again and again.

21. I’m making this today. Will let you know how the family likes it ?
    I also wanted to make some vegetable rice. Do you have a recipe you can share?

22. Can I prepare this and leave it marinating the Night before to just throw it in the slow cooker on the day of?

23. Debra Witt says:

In the recipe you mention cloves? Have I missed that in the instructions? Looks yummy and definitely want to make it. Thanks

24. Looks good and want to try tonight! Did you brown the steak beforehand?

25. Paul Sullivan says:

It’s my first try of this recipe . So far I think its that good you shouldn’t eat it ! You should make love to it ! 13 out of 10 . Its outstanding !

26. Great dish! Super easy to put together. Was a big hit. Only recommendation to make it sing a little louder… Fresh grated ginger and a little chili flake to taste.

• Definitely! We added some pepper flakes to ours but left them out for the kiddos! I am glad you liked it!

• Hi I’m going to try this recipe very soon. Can’t wait!! I’m also adapting it to be gluten free. Struggling to get UK cup conversions though. Can you advise?

• Stephanie says:

How did it look half way in? Mine is looking very light and runny but I’m hoping that is normal for the time.

27. What soy sauce did you use?

28. Can I substitute the beef for chicken?

29. This looks amazing and i cannot wait to try this out tonight – i already have all the necesasry ingredients. I am using Kosher meat which is saltier than regular meat. SHould i cut back on the soy sauce? 3/4 of a cup seems a bit too much and i do not want to end up with a salty dish. Thanks!

30. I tried making this tonight and it turned out so, so salty. Yikes. I used Kikkoman’s regular soy sauce – did you use a low-sodium alternative perhaps?

31. Hi! great recipe, do you think I can substitute the meat with beef lungs?

32. Dolores Mae Reonal says:

Wow look good I saw your recipe last night and looks good. I am trying it tonight! Thanks for the recipe!
    Bon Appetite!

33. itlooks good going to try it

34. Sue Thomson says:

I made this for dinner tonight and the flavour was good but it was too sweet. 3/4 cup of brown sugar is a LOT of sugar! I’d probably use 1/2 cup next time.

35. Alyssa, I made this the other night and it was absolutely delicious!! Will be adding it to our regular menu rotation!! Thanks for the great recipe!

36. Have you ever made this with chicken??

37. Hi I was wondering if you could use another kind of beef other than flank steak? Thanks!

• I just like to use flank steak because it is so tender when slow cooked. But I am sure another type of beef would work.

38. My husband and 3 year old super picky eater loved this! The kid kept going back for the sauce!! I lessened the sugar to 1/2 C b/c I don’t like too much sweet and next time I might add some sriracha or pepper flakes. Great recipe! Thank you 🙂

39. My husband made this, this evening. I am not a fan of soy sauce but I like this because I couldn’t taste the sauce. I loved the flavor, the only thing is the meat was a little “mushy” seems as though no one else has had that problem. I’m certain I will attempt this once more! Thanks for sharing

40. Just made this and it was absolutely delicious.

41. Am making this recipe right now. Was wondering how muc onions Nd peppers are people adding towards the end of cooking. Also, are you using regular onions or spring onions.
    Am looking forward to this dinner, and I’d hate to muck it up. Thanks 😁

42. Made this tonight. It was delicious. Added onion and green pepper as suggested by others, as well as only 1/2 c of sugar and soy sauce. I found I needed to add a little water after a few hours. I also added about a handful of frozen peas about 1/2 hour before finishing. Served over angel hair pasta. Will make again! Thanks.

43. Both myself and hubby are diabetic. Can you substitute splenda brown sugar?

44. Well our local store didn’t have flank steak so we will be trying it with a skirt steak! Will post how it was 🙂

45. Update: Ok its in the slow cooker now with an hour and 30 mins to go. We used garlic powder due to store was out of minced garlic. Smells good but looking nothing like the picture 🙁 Plus my fiance cut it a lil thicker then in picture due to knife decided to got slightly dull. 🙁

46. Just wondering if you know the calories and nutritional info for this recipe? I’d really like to make this but I follow Weight Watchers and I want to know the points before I make it and dig in. It does look and sound delicious so I’d really like to try it. I bet it would be great subbed with chicken as well.

47. Micki barker says:

Looking forward to trying this today. diabetic here also, so will cut sugar to 1/2 cup, but aounds delicious, and so easy. Using cheap cut of meat – like ther even is such a thing anymore- had me a little worried with the othe recipies, but know the crock pot will make this very tender. Thanks for sharing this recipie.

48. Micki barker says:

Sorry about typos, on ipad and was not paying close attention to typing.

49. Novice questions regarding the flank steak. Should I cut it with or against the grain? This looks wonderful and I plan to make it soon – thanks for sharing!

• Slice it with the grain. 🙂

• I’m making this today…but slicing it WITH the grain? Every flank steak recipe i see says slice AGAINST the grain. Now i’m confused.

• Sorry yes! Against the grain. Its one of those things that I had to think about. It is easier to show. 🙂

• I made it the other night. Loved it! Delicious flavor….although the sauce to meat ratio was off, so next time i’ll use larger cut of beef. And, i did slice against the grain.

50. I made this 2 days ago. Delicious! However my kids found the taste too strong. I wonder if I cut back on the soy sauce and sugar to 1/2cup each, they will like it better. Or “dilute” the sauce with more veggies. Anyway, my husband and I just LOVED it, even though there was more sugar than I usually feel comfortable with. I will try making again with less. Definitely a keeper!

51. Made this on Saturday night and liked it. Next time I make this I will cut back on the sugar slightly in order to cut back on the sweetness a touch. Thanks for posting this recipe

52. Where are the nutrition facts? It is very good. Will have again.

53. Tried this last night. It has a good flavor. Here are my thoughts on the recipe:

1) You should cut AGAINST the grain for tender results.

2) This recipe seems to be adapted from a more “traditional” cooking technique, which would include browning the meat before putting it in the cooker. That’s why you coat the meat with cornstarch–to make it crispy during the browning. In this recipe, the cornstarch makes the sauce thick, but coating the meat then putting it immediately in the sauce serves little purpose. You could just as easily add the corn starch directly to the crock pot, probably cutting the quantity back to about 1/8 cup to account for what got left in the ziploc bag.

Alternatively (and this is my preference), you can brown the meat in a wok with vegetable oil for improved texture and flavor, at the cost of a bit more time and effort.

3) As another commenter mentioned, for what we in America call “Mongolian Beef” (which is apparently nothing like what you’d get in Mongolia), you want it to be a bit spicier. Definitely add red pepper flakes.

54. Can I do this in the oven? Any idea how long and what temperature?

55. I’m making this in my slow cooker right now. I reduced the sugar and soy sauce to 1/2 cup each, added a diced onion and a 1/4 teaspoon of Chinese Five Spice. I hope I didn’t ruin it! 🙂

56. Can you use chili powder instead of flakes? Didn’t have the flakes!

• The flakes just add some spice to the dish. Chili powder is very different from the flakes and would probably be ok without it. 🙂

57. David Scott says:

We made this tonight and substituted trip tip (cut into slices & trimmed) for the flank steak, deleted the carrots, low sodium soy sauce, used 1/2 c of brown sugar instead of 3/4 c, added sliced ginger root & red pepper flakes. Cooked for 4.5 hours on low, stirred once with 1.5 hours to go. It was great and the meat was super tender. We tried the tri-tip roast instead of flank due to $2.99 a lb vs $8.99 for flank. This is now one of our favorites for the crock pot. Many thanks!

58. Curious about reheating the leftovers. My sauce became gelatin like in the fridge and would not thin back out after microwaving. Has anyone else had this happen? Should I be reheating on the stovetop instead. Otherwise loved this recipe. Got a crockpot for Christmas and this was my first recipe to test out.

• Yes I noticed this as well. Although when it is reheated it is still delicious, the sauce just changes consistency.

• David Scott says:

I reheated for a minute then mixed the sauce around and spread it out so it heated evenly and not like a big sauce square, then heated another minute and a half.

59. I sliced across the grain and it was so tender! I liked this recipe and give it a 4, but my family gives it a 5! I doubled the recipe and served it to my husband and kids who are in their mid 20’s. They all raved about it and went back for 2nds. I put 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes in. I might add a little more next time. I served it with whole grain rice and lots of stir fried broccoli. I will make this again. Minimal prep time and lots of compliments. Thanks Alyssa!

60. Mary Kate Dallavalle says:

Loved this recipe!
    Will add red pepper flakes next time..and there will be a next time!

61. Carolyn F says:

This was delicious and so easy! I added cooked broccoli at the end and served with brown rice. My family of 5 devoured it. Looking forward to trying more of your recipes. Thanks!

62. Debra Ktomer says:

I made this recipe exactly as it reads… Let me tell you… I bought a $22 piece of Hereford flank steak from Fresh Market…. And how can strips of beef (cut lovingly against the grain) possibly remain crispy on the outside yet tender… In a slow cooker???? Where’s the wok? Really? OMG. The dusting of corn starch acts as a thickener while somehow coating the beef with a crispness you would expect from flash wok frying! Really! I went with the 2.5hr slow cooker version on high… Glazing beautifully… Flavor extrordinair!!! Did a sesame oil, egg, carrot, onion, fried rice.. Keeping low flavor profile due to this rich sauce. Egg rolls… Uh, yeah…,?Anyway, I was saying under my breath…. ” yessss… Oh yesssss…” This tastes awesome! !!!!! And, although I followed this beautiful recipe …TO A TEEE…. The best compliment I got was… Mmmm… Tender!
    I’m so sad. This is an excellent recipe! However… Back off just a fuzz on the soy sauce going in… Save it for the egg rolls later … But I love salt!…, and I ALWAYS cook without it!…. ALWAYS!!!! This beautiful meat was glazed, flavorful, tender…,. And…wait for it… Salty. I hooked it up with red pepper flakes… Yum. But, even this seasoning-withheld rice couldn’t mask the dish’s saltyness.
    And tho you don’t know me… This recipe is AMAZING!!!! Don’t not try this method! Girls… Guys. Um… Didn’t think in a million years… You could get crispy tender from a crock pot!!!! Kudos!!!!

63. This is SOOOO good and super easy! I normally make Mongolian beef in a wok, so I wasn’t sure if it would taste the same in the crock pot but it’s definitely just as yummy! I added a couple pinches of red pepper flakes. Adding to the weekly rotation :). Thanks for sharing!

64. This dish is very easy to make and well worth the wait. We were just a little short on brown sugar, but it still turned out great! Instead of flank steak, we used thin strips of sirloin tip. The only thing I added to this was white onion, which I added about an hour before it was finished. I will definitely be making this regularly.

65. Could you double this recipe? Keen to try it tonight!

66. Etta Nichols says:

Trying it now. It smells great after just 15 minutes!!

67. this was so salty! If I ever make it again the soy sauce content would be at least halved.

68. DancingHare says:

I just found this via Facebook and made it tonight. My store did not have flank steak so I used a stew cut, worked just fine cooking for 8 hours. I also used honey instead of brown sugar as I was out of it. It was delicious, the whole thing was devoured which means the kids liked it! Definitely a keeper.

69. Delicious! Just made this, EASY. I only used 1/2 c soya sauce and sugar. Can’t wait for supper.

70. I have made this several times now and it has become my favorite ‘go to’ recipe. It is easy and delicious. I had never used Flank steak before and have found other great ways to use it. I love your website and recipes. Thank you!!

71. Hello! This looks wonderful with so many great reviews! Question, I am currently on the ideal protein diet getting ready for my wedding and I can have everything on this besides brown sugar, do you think I can completely omit the sugar? I like spice so will be adding red pepper flakes!

• The sugar is what balances out the soy sauce, so unless you like it very savory (even salty), I wouldn’t omit the brown sugar. You could try a sugar substitute, like another reviewer suggested? Honey, agave nectar, date sugar, coconut sugar. Check back in if you decide to make it!

72. Can I make this with brisket?

73. Is the measurements for the brown sugar packed or just loosely measured at 3/4 of a cup?

74. This looks amazing! Can I substitute the cornstarch for flour?

75. I found this on Tip Hero (adapted) with a link to here, I have to say I LOVE this recipe I make it a lot. I tend to add peppers and broccoli to it just before it is done, and I have used flank steak, eye of round, sirloin, whatever beef is cheapest when i shop and it always turnsout excellent, tender and delicious! Thank you!

76. So I misread the recipe where it says 1/2 tsp garlic, cloves. I thought it was unusual to have cloves in this recipe so I put in about 1/4 tsp. You should change the recipe so that others don’t make the same mistake. Thanks!

77. Candace says:

Cant wait to try this! Making for a large group will I be able to double it and it still turn out okay? How long would you say I should cook it if using 2-3 lb of steak? Thanks! 😉

• Yes you can definitely double it. If you are using a large crockpot the cooking time should remain the same. 🙂

78. Jane Maciorowski says:

A bit to sweet for my taste. Going to try cutting down on the brown sugar. I added peppers, mushrooms, snow peas and broccoli to it, just to make it a meal withing itself without the rice.

79. Hi, Are there cloves in this recipe? I noticed it says “1/2 teaspoons minced Garlic, Cloves” – because 1/2 teaspoons is plural, I’m assuming it is 1/2 teaspoon each of minced garlic and cloves? There is a comma between garlic and cloves so it appears that they are 2 items. Thanks.

80. Have u ever doubled the recipe? If so, what were measurements of water, soy and brown sugar? Ty I love the recipe going to make it for company and don’t want to mess up!

81. Hi there! Do you know if this would work with Petite Sirloin? It’s on sale this week and I’d love to make this.

82. Is there any way to do this if you don’t have a slow cooker?

• I would just cook the beef on the skillet but reserve the cornstarch and use it in the sauce to help it thicken up when you cook it with the beef.

83. I think we will add onion next time, but it was still delicious! Thank you!

84. Made this today for supper. My picky wife and daughter had 2 helpings each. I’d say they liked it, I know I did. Wife doesn’t care for rice so I made noodles for her and rice for my daughter and myself. They both said they would like it again. I think I’ll try it with chicken too.
    Thanks for the recipe.

85. Looks great! Was wondering if you could use pork loin roast cut into strips instead of the flank steak.

86. Matt payne says:

Do you add the corn starch left in the bag or just the coated beef and chuck the rest away?

87. Matt payne says:

Also, could you tell me what the amount of ingredients would be for 2 people please?

Defo adding this to my scrap book! 👍🏻

• I just coated it in the cornstarch and dumped it in. 🙂 And just half the recipe for two people. Or leftovers are alway great too. 🙂

88. Nevada Cooker says:

I just went to sample this at 2-1/2 hours (on low in my crock pot) and it seemed like the sauce was drying out so I have turned the crock pot off. I sampled the meat and it is perfect tender and very delicious!!!! I was worried about saltiness so I used a low sodium soy sauce….for my taste buds it was perfect. I am from the SF Bay Area and there was a restaurant there that served what they called “Tao Tao Beef” and this recipe is very close. I will be making it again!

89. I am making this right now! Okay, I have to ask…why do you have a big ol’ F_CK YOU! with a heart above your pic? Inquiring minds want to know.

90. Jackie W says:

I’m making this right now! I’m so excited to see how it turns out. I used a London broil cut as my store didn’t have flank. I figured it’s from the same part of the cow and I just cut against the grain (I hope 😁) into bite size strips, so hopefully it’ll be ok. I also added a couple tbsp of sriracha to spice it up a little.

91. Would coconut sugar or regular granulated sugar work? I do not keep brown sugar on hand.

92. This looks awesome. Im def gonna add this to my recipe list for next week. Just a quick question on the soy sauce – Are you using light soy sauce or dark soy sauce? (Also – what makes it mongolian? 🙂 )

93. My girlfriend uses a oven bag in her slow cooker so there’s no mess. Haven’t tried it but I love the idea.

94. I enjoyed the ease of this recipe and the flavor. the steak was really tender. I put my crock on high for 3 hours but there was not a lot of juice so I added about a quarter cup of water and put it on low for another hour. will definitely make this again,,, thanks..

95. Loved this recipe, my young children 6 yrs and 2 yrs gobbled it up!! Sauce was yummy!! I added broccoli to it too!

96. Lynne White says:

Initially I really enjoyed this dish. However after a few mouthfuls I found it way to sweet . I’d try it again with half the amount of sugar and perhaps add a bit of chilli. Easy though.

97. I wish that slow-cooker recipes provided duel instructions, to cook on stovetop or bake it instead of the slow cooker. It looks delicious

• I would just cook the sauce on the stove while you are browning the beef. Once the sauce has thickened up pour it over the beef and serve. 🙂

98. I had high hopes for this recipe but the result was not good at all. My wife and I both thought the sauce was much too sweet. I even went back and reviewed the recipe this morning to see if I had miss-read the quantity of the sugar. Not a disaster but I will not make again.

99. Just made this. Although it wasn’t bad, it didn’t taste anything like any mongolian beef we’ve ever had. Followed it to a t. Not sweet enough… my suggestion would be to tweak it a Lil bit…

100. I am making this right now,on low in crock pot about 2 hours in.. It’s looking a little watery-anyone else have this problem, and how did they fix it w/o loosing the flavor?

101. Hi Alyssa, I tried this recipe and it was deee-licious! I wouldn’t change a thing. Thanks for sharing!

102. My family loved this! I only used about a pound of flank steak since there are only three of us, but kept the rest of the ingredients amounts the same. Added a shake of red pepper flakes, a spoonful of hoisin sauce, and some slices of red onion I had in the fridge. I browned the meat in a pan on the stove for a few minutes before putting it in the crock pot, and cooked it all on low for the afternoon. Delicious ~ thanks for a great recipe, it’s now one of our family favorites!

103. YUMMY!
    Printing now to add to my arsenal. I did add less brown sugar, and julianned the carrots and added them during the last hour (otherwise, grated, they just disappear!)
    Thank you for the kick butt recipe!

104. hi can you transfer cooking instructions for us to usr our electric pressure cooker. My crockpot is over 20 years old and I do not use it any more I use my new electric pressure cooker

105. My husband and I made this tonight for dinner. It was awesome!!! Thank you!

106. I tried this recipe last night, but after three hours on high the sauce was still as liquid as when I started. Had to finish it on the hob. Anyone know what went wrong?!? 😞

107. I’ve made this so many times and we love it! It’s a regular menu item now. I don’t add as much brown sugar as we don’t like it too sweet but rather than that it’s amazing!

108. Hi! Made this exactly as recipe states. It makes me crazy when people change everything about a recipe. It was super easy to throw together. Grating the carrots took the most time! Ha! Cooked on low for 4 hours and it was perfect. Just a tad sweet for my taste, I might cut back a bit on brown sugar next time and the addition of onions might be good, too. The green onions for garnish was tasty!