Hey Recipe Critic readers! It’s Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron with an easy slow cooker summer meal!
This shredded BBQ chicken is a simple, zesty, and flavorful shredded BBQ chicken. This chicken can go in pasta dishes, over rice, or in a tortilla. This recipe is extremely versatile, tasty, and perfect for summer!
I mentioned on my blog a few weeks ago how I forget to use my slow cooker in the summer. Which is such a shame since the slow cooker is SO easy and doesn’t heat up the house.
Plus meal prep time SLASHED. Food = delicious. What is there to lose? And so, I pulled it out once again and was in love with the results. Slow cookers are just magic for tender meat and shredded chicken in the slow cooker? Perfection. This BBQ shredded chicken is a little different than most. It’s got some tang and zest to it which is unique. A little bit of Zesty Italian dressing adds some awesome flavor – definitely don’t leave it out!
Hope you all enjoy! And get a few more summer BBQ’s in before it’s too cold!
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle of BBQ sauce
- ½ cup Zesty Italian salad dressing
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Cooked white or brown rice, optional
- Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, Zesty Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cover, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low.
- Shred with two forks and serve on top of rice if desired.
You can also connect with Chelsea’s Messy Apron here!