I can’t believe that it is already August! What? Where has the summer gone? It has gone by so quickly and I am not sure I am ready for it to be over. I love everything that comes with summer. The warm weather, barbecues, swimming at the pool… the list goes on for me. It has been so busy for us that it has made the time fly by. It gets so busy that sometimes it is hard to cook a decent meal each night.
I have missed cooking! We usually aren’t home and when we do get home I have to make something really quick. So I made a goal last week to cook a meal for my family each night. These Shells were on the menu last week. And they were such a huge hit with the family!
Everything about these shells are amazing. The ground beef mixture is seasoned with taco seasoning. Then you add cream cheese which gives the meat such a creamy and delicious flavor! Then you load them with a cheese blend and bake. These are awesome.
I call the meal a success when the entire family will eat it and like it. My son kept asking for more shells and cleaned his plate. I also loved topping the shells with all of our favorite mexican toppings. Olives, green onions, sour cream, whatever your heart desires.
We loved this meal and it will for sure be added to our dinner rotation. You will love it just as much as we did!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz can corn, drained
- 8 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 16 jumbo shells
- 1½ cup salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce (on the mexican isle)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- optional toppings:
- green onions
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium skillet cook ground beef until no longer pink and drain the remaining grease. Add the taco seasoning and cream cheese and stir until cream cheese is melted. Add corn and black beans.
- While the meat is cooking, cook shells according to package directions and rinse.
- In a 9x13 add the salsa and spread evenly along the bottom. Stuff shells with meat mixture and place having up in the bottom of the pan. Pour taco sauce on top of the shells. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with cheese. Bake for an additional 10 minutes without the foil until cheese is melted. Top with optional toppings.