A delicious and moist strawberry coconut cream cake with an amazing coconut cream cheese frosting!
I love the flavor combination of strawberry and coconut. I recently had a strawberry coconut milkshake that was AMAZING. So as soon as Pillsbury sent me this Strawberry Cake Mix, I knew that I wanted to make a Strawberry Coconut Cream Cake!
Cake mixes are a nice shortcut and you can easily put together a cake in a matter of minutes and throw it in the oven. The house filled with a strawberry cake aroma and we couldn’t wait to eat it. There is coconut cream inside of the cake which gives it that hint of coconut without over powering the strawberry flavor.
I loved being able to cut into the cake and the bright pink strawberry cake was inside! It was so moist and tender and baked to perfection in the oven.
But let me just tell you about my favorite part of the cake! The coconut cream cheese frosting!
I love cream cheese frosting anyway but when you add some coconut flavoring to it, I am in heaven! This cake frosted so beautifully and looked delicious with the coconut flakes on the outside. I topped with some fresh strawberries and this cake was a hit!
If you are looking for a delicious and unique cake to make look no further. If you love strawberries and coconut then you will love this cake as much as we did!
- 1 box (15.25 oz) Pillsbury Moist Supreme Strawberry Cake Mix
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup canned coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 3 eggs
- Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2-3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease the bottom and sides of two 9 inch round cake pans. In a large bowl beat the strawberry cake mix, butter, coconut milk, water and eggs until incorporated. Beat on high for 2 minutes and pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- TO make the coconut cream cheese frosting beat together cream cheese and butter. Add in powdered sugar and beat until creamy. Add the coconut extract and heavy cream and beat until smooth and can easily frost the cake.
* I was compensated for my time creating this post as a brand ambassador for Pillsbury. All opinions expressed in this post are my own.
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.