Mississippi Mudslide Bars are are a chewy brownie base, topped with a fluffy marshmallow layer, and finished off with a rich and silky chocolate frosting. They are so addictive!
Hey hey Tiffany here from Creme de la Crumb and I’m so SO excited to be sharing one of my favorite dessert recipes with you today. These Mississippi Mudslide Bars are absolutely, positively addictive. I haven’t been to Mississippi yet but if you Mississippians have anything like this in your fine state, you are living large people. And if these bars are totally not even a Mississippi thing, then they your state must simply be top notch awesome and totally amazing because that’s what these bars are and obviously the namesake must be pretty fantastic too.
You can serve these at room temperature but there’s something about that frosting that gets a million times better when it’s chilled. If you’re wondering what exactly these bars are, they are a chewy brownie base, topped with a fluffy marshmallow layer, and finished off with a rich and silky chocolate frosting. Like I said, ADDICTIVE!! Don’t wait another day before making these, you will l.o.v.e. them!
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl combine melted butter, sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add flour and salt and mix until incorporated. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake for 10-30 minutes until an inserted toothpick in the center comes out clean (a few loose crumbs are okay but no wet batter).
- Spread marshmallows in an even layer on top of the brownie layer. Return to oven and bake another 5-7 minutes until marshmallows are fluffy and beginning to lightly brown. Allow to cool while you prepare the frosting.
- In a microwave-safe glass bowl combine chocolate chips and heavy cream and microwave on half power for 2 minutes at a time, stirring after each, until smooth. Stir in butter and vanilla til smooth. Pour mixture over marshmallows. Chill at least 2-3 hours or until completely cooled before cutting into bars and serving.
Recipe adapted from Taste of South Magazine.
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.