BLT Avocado Pasta Salad is fresh and crisp romaine lettuce tossed in bacon, tomato, pasta, and avocado. Topped with a creamy dressing and sprinkled with feta cheese this is one amazing salad!
This was a whirlwind of a weekend but so much fun! We closed on our new home and then I headed to an amazing blogger conference. It is always such a blast to get together with such amazing friends that I have met through the blogging world. We always learn so much from each other and at the conference and I come back feeling refreshed and inspired.
Last week we had a fun little gathering and I made this delicious BLT Avocado Pasta Salad. I put a little spin on the classic BLT and added some pasta and my favorite…. avocado!
I love fresh and simple ingredients tossed with some pasta. The pasta adds a great texture and really brings everything together.
I added the avocado last minute and it added such a creamy and smooth texture to this amazing salad. The salad gets tossed in a creamy and delicious dressing and you are going to love everything about it. This is perfect for you next potluck and everyone will be raving about this simple and fresh salad!
- 8 ounce pasta (I used bowtie)
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup milk
- 1½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 4 lightly packed cups sliced romaine
- ½ pound sliced bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Avocados, diced
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool.
- In a large bowl whisk light mayonnaise, milk, dijon mustard, garlic and salt. Add the romaine, bacon, tomatoes and avocados. Toss lightly until coated. Sprinkle with feta cheese and pepper if desired and serve.
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017