Grilled Spicy Lime Shrimp with Creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce has a simple but full of flavor and spice marinade. The creamy avocado cilantro sauce is the perfect cool and creamy dipping sauce.
Do you ever get through a week and are just so happy that you survived? That was last week for me. I barely made it. It was the last week of school plus we are in the moving process. On top of it all my little girl turned two! We were able to pull it all together and managed to have an amazing Finding Nemo Birthday Party. If you follow me on instagram you will see her amazing cake! My little girl is obsessed with “Meno” and loved every minute of it. We may have given her her presents to her in Amazon boxes but we totally pulled it together! It was a huge success.
We are loving the warmer weather here and since we have been so busy lately we are loving to grill. My husband LOVES shrimp and asks me to cook it all of the time. I decided to make an easy marinade for these shrimp that really packed a punch. It had such a delicious blend of spices and the result was amazing.
The great thing about shrimp is that they are so easy to cook! They grill up in just a matter of minutes. The marinade on these shrimp is out of this world! It has such a great blend of spices and flavor.
My favorite part was the Creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce. It was so cool and creamy on these spicy lime shrimp. We are a family of dippers so most everything involves a dip. And this dip was the perfect compliment to help cool down the spice in the shrimp.
You guys are going to LOVE this recipe. It is such a quick and easy recipe that is absolutely delicious, especially if you love shrimp! This should go on your list of things to grill. You are going to love it!
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Juice of one large lime
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce:
- 1 avocado split and pitted
- ½ cup lowfat greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, olive oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes. Pour into a resealable bag and add shrimp. Toss to coat and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Put the shrimp on skewers and place on the grill. Grill on each side for about two minutes or until no longer pink.
- To make the creamy avocado cilantro sauce add the avocado, greek yogurt, garlic, lime and cilantro. Pulse in a food processor until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with shrimp.